Player

Join the ending song chorus!

Hello,

FFXI composer, Mizuta Naoshi, is asking us to join into a final song chorus that will be probably part of the last scenes of this farewell expansion they're making.

I'll try to do it so I can be part of this last hurray of the game. I think it will be pretty cool and a little tear-jerking to see those last scenes and hearing our friends that we have met all these years in a single voice.

How about you guys? Will you lend your voices to this ?

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/van...?lng=en&rgn=us
    (1)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    >_> I like how last month SE said "every voice submitted will be included" and now it sounds more like "if you can't do a high or low note, you'll be rejected"

"Submissions which do not fulfil the submission requirements will be excluded."
    "One of the notes in the melody is a high note, and there is a sample of this one octave lower. Please refer to the music sheet for this portion.
    * You may also sing the entire melody one octave lower"
    "Any submissions that are altered, off-tempo, sung in different keys other than changing the octave or use lyrics other than “la-la-la” will not be accepted."

The two samples were both pretty high and didn't really have a noticeable difference, so one lower is still going to be pretty high for a lot of people
    (0)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 06-03-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Character
    Pokes
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why are we singing "la-la"? This is FFXI, we should be singing "ta-ru".
    (3)

Player
    I can kinda understand the restrictions on the voice submissions, if only because if they let every key/pitch/etc into the mix, it's gonna sound like a huge jumbled mess during the chorus. Even if they were willing to auto-tune people who were off key, then you'd get into a whole other kind of mess (albeit not a legal one, since the agreement clearly states that your voice submission is entirely theirs and they'll be able to use it for pretty much anything without owing you squat).

That being said, I'd wonder whether they'd notice/care if you sang in a pitch in your range, and then used a program like audacity to correct it into the key they want. Sure, it's technically been "doctored", but on some level it's still your voice/tempo.

(Yes, I'll definitely be submitting my voice for the chorus)
    (1)
    Last edited by Isal; 06-03-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isal View Post
    I can kinda understand the restrictions on the voice submissions, if only because if they let every key/pitch/etc into the mix, it's gonna sound like a huge jumbled mess during the chorus. Even if they were willing to auto-tune people who were off key, then you'd get into a whole other kind of mess (albeit not a legal one, since the agreement clearly states that your voice submission is entirely theirs and they'll be able to use it for pretty much anything without owing you squat).

That being said, I'd wonder whether they'd notice/care if you sang in a pitch in your range, and then used a program like audacity to correct it into the key they want. Sure, it's technically been "doctored", but on some level it's still your voice/tempo.

(Yes, I'll definitely be submitting my voice for the chorus)
    Make a video on this on how to use the program for us people who cant sing :3
    (0)

Character
    Teleste
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This is an awesome idea. Looking forward to hearing the end product.
    (1)