Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Whats the Plans for FFXI's Future with Newer OS's\Operating Drivers/Software Coming?>

Tittle of new thread got cut of before i could finish typing it in: >

Whats the Plans for Future of FFXI with Newer System OS's and Operating System Drivers/Software Coming Out??

Hey, I Just Noticed Direct-X 12 is coming according to nVidia's website while the Operating System 10 is shortly to be released?
    I'm hoping to upgrade 8.1 on my Alienware laptop to Operating System-{OS} 10 on my laptop as well as maybe have it running with Direct-X 12 on my laptop someday and i'm curious how will all of this pan out for ff-11 on it??

The Future OS's and future stuff like I've mentioned above as to being curios as how they plan to keep it going more-less on them for ffxi when they arrive in the future as well??

This does make me wonder what directions could ffxi be taking to run on these platforms After Direct-X 12 and Windows 10 release for ffxi after watching this Square Enix Video on nVidia's website: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/04/30/build-demo/

{enjoy the video for the FFXI crews/dev teams who haven't seen it yet}

I was wondering how ffxi crew's and the tech crews that work on he game plan to keep making those possible for ffxi but mainly for now just knowing about the plans for Direct-X 12 and Operating System to run ffxi would be sufficient??
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

FFXI wasn't even ported to DirectX 10 or 11. It uses emulation for older DirectX versions on new graphics cards. Windows 10 can run the game right now in the preview builds, so nothing needs to be changed there for compatibility.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    FFXI wasn't even ported to DirectX 10 or 11. It uses emulation for older DirectX versions on new graphics cards. Windows 10 can run the game right now in the preview builds, so nothing needs to be changed there for compatibility.
    Yes, even directx-11 can run it..

I'm not actually asking anything to be changed lol. I was just wondering, I guess as more onto there capabilities into them.. {Like: since changes will becoming such as the cease of consoles, will there plans be to keep it going in this direction of platforms or head it off in an another direction for instance or both?) just not being positively critical about it, lol!!

{I actually don't recall a section were I asked for this to be changed, BungiefanNA can you locate me to the section where i wrote it needs to be changed in my own words by chance?}
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 06-01-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Your initial question was hard to understand. Anyway, FFXI is pretty much done after November. They are only going to be doing minor updates for bug fixes and balance adjustment. Upgrading the PC client to support new DirectX features goes against their stated objective of reducing expenses to keep the game running, and they've never done it in the past since DX9 for XP (IIRC, the game was originally DX8). Windows 10 and DX12 aren't breaking anything, so there's no need to change.

The PC client is going to be the only one working after March 2016, but it doesn't need major updates to keep working, and new content will have stopped.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Your initial question was hard to understand. Anyway, FFXI is pretty much done after November. They are only going to be doing minor updates for bug fixes and balance adjustment. Upgrading the PC client to support new DirectX features goes against their stated objective of reducing expenses to keep the game running, and they've never done it in the past since DX9 for XP (IIRC, the game was originally DX8). Windows 10 and DX12 aren't breaking anything, so there's no need to change.

The PC client is going to be the only one working after March 2016, but it doesn't need major updates to keep working, and new content will have stopped.
    The funny thing is they said that about the Aht Urhgan expansion towards the end, basically saying the same thing, More or less stating they were done with the game after doing all the updates and completed the story line to it with all they needed to do for Aht Urhgan saying there were plans to end the game after then. Than quite A Few years went by in which I do believe that's when the new FFXI crew came in which they started working on ffxi again creating add-on's and so forth up until now>Slash-{/}>2016 but I question the status-quo on the game truly ending after 2016 with just a change in which way the wind blows<-{Change of direction) ;-)

The only thing we can really do i guess is wait and see over the years after 2016 to how things really do pan out or weather a new crew will come into the game again putting ffxi possibly back in the budget again with the new direction of play all ready previously implemented, maybe. (For us to truly know for certain is for the birds! ;-) lol)

(?maybe the expansion packs came before aht urhgan but pretty sure it was after?)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 06-02-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Are you RegalSin?
    (0)

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Are you RegalSin?
    Huh-o.O? & Nope! ;-)

If Your asking about my characters then my SE Forum name says it all and plus my real first name at the beginning of it. :-) Most would call me Yo for short in RL. (-;

(just for clarification this symbol & is> and)

{{Edit: Just wanted to add the link to the video I posted, I wish we could of had our ffxi characters that graphically detailed as that demo from square enix, plus seeing crying/tears that graphically detailed probably would have been a bonus for our playing ffxi, to bad were all positive it may never come to pass. }}
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 06-02-2015 at 08:17 AM.

RegalSin was a poster on another forum that had a very weird grammatical structure to his posting. You're using very weird punctuation, and your sentences go on weird tangents. I know what an ampersand is for. You are just not posting clear English.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Tittle of new thread got cut of before i could finish typing it in: >

Whats the Plans for Future of FFXI with Newer System OS's and Operating System Drivers/Software Coming Out??

Hey, I Just Noticed Direct-X 12 is coming according to nVidia's website while the Operating System 10 is shortly to be released?
    I'm hoping to upgrade 8.1 on my Alienware laptop to Operating System-{OS} 10 on my laptop as well as maybe have it running with Direct-X 12 on my laptop someday and i'm curious how will all of this pan out for ff-11 on it??

The Future OS's and future stuff like I've mentioned above as to being curios as how they plan to keep it going more-less on them for ffxi when they arrive in the future as well??

This does make me wonder what directions could ffxi be taking to run on these platforms After Direct-X 12 and Windows 10 release for ffxi after watching this Square Enix Video on nVidia's website: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/04/30/build-demo/

{enjoy the video for the FFXI crews/dev teams who haven't seen it yet}

I was wondering how ffxi crew's and the tech crews that work on he game plan to keep making those possible for ffxi but mainly for now just knowing about the plans for Direct-X 12 and Operating System to run ffxi would be sufficient??
    FFXI runs fine on windows 7, and neither 8 nor 10 make any major kernel changes. Directx 12 is irrelevant as FFXI doesn't use that.

The game will run fine but you might have to install the DirectX provided with the game (alongside the other versions)
    (0)

Player
    They may have announced that they had plans to end the game in the past, but in this situation, they've actually announced the plans themselves.

Obviously, nothing is for certain, but as it stands; their announcement of Final Fantasy XI Mobile suggests they really don't intend to do much if anything new with the current FFXI client after bringing the story to a close. Anything "fresh" or "new" about how the game plays or appears is likely to be found in Final FFXI Mobile, given the intention to design a less clunky UI, improve the ease of creating a party, as well as playing solo. On top of that, they intend to release with perhaps only the first 1-2 expansions' worth of content. Given all this, plus their statement that they're deliberately looking to reduce the spending necessary on the original game, it seems apparent that they have little to no reason to revamp or update any part of the original client, given that's essentially what the mobile client to be (and since it's being made from the ground up for mobile, I imagine it'll be done much easier than working with something designed around the PS2 dev kit)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast