Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why do I get an xp cut for playing with real players but none for trusts?

Can this be changed? makes no sense.
    (7)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Its the way exp has always been based in the past. You were basically sharing exp from mobs between pt members.

Only thing nowadays is because you have trusts for levelling you basically get all the exp since the trusts are called by you. All you need is to find stronger mobs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    Its the way exp has always been based in the past. You were basically sharing exp from mobs between pt members.

Only thing nowadays is because you have trusts for levelling you basically get all the exp since the trusts are called by you. All you need is to find stronger mobs.
    Well as I said, it makes no sense. Trusts are very strong now, so all this does is unfairly punish you for grouping.
    (5)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I do think that the reduction in EXP/CP loss from parties they applied to Cirdas and the Gates zones should just be applied everywhere in the game at this point. Especially in Escha, where it seems the game practically expects you to play solo with trusts if you want to get anywhere with farming silt.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    Well as I said, it makes no sense. Trusts are very strong now, so all this does is unfairly punish you for grouping.
    Trusts are generally not as effective as real people. At least, not as effective as competent real people.
    (2)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    For the purposes of XP trusts are pretty effective. They even skillchain with you! Furthermore I know people using Trusts for help on all tiers of Escha NMs. They're quite strong and rather useful depending on which ones you summon.
    (3)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I understood the exp reduction to be as a compensation for the fact that groups would kill faster than solo; so I suppose the question really should be...why don't trusts get an exp reduction? Bring the exp hammer down!

p.s. please note I'm being Monday morning flippant and hopefully don't need to get the flame retardant underwear out ;-)

Art.
    (1)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Artharian View Post
    I understood the exp reduction to be as a compensation for the fact that groups would kill faster than solo; so I suppose the question really should be...why don't trusts get an exp reduction? Bring the exp hammer down!

p.s. please note I'm being Monday morning flippant and hopefully don't need to get the flame retardant underwear out ;-)

Art.
    It's funny you mentioned that; I almost made a post about it myself earlier, but I decided it was probably best not to go there lol. Honestly, before I came back to the game, I fully expected that Trusts would suffer from the same kind of xp penalty that real groups deal with, and was surprised when I found you could have them all out at no cost. Everquest charges money while using a mercenary, and they only allow you to have one out at a time.

That said, I actually wouldn't be against them adding a penalty to Trusts, especially if it encourages real grouping (and maybe even incentivizes us to try doing things with less Trusts out -- which I already do for extra challenge), but I'm sure the more widely-acceptable option would be to just remove the penalty outright.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well if trusts did lower exp and cp it would make Kupofried completely useless. And honestly if trust did lower exp and cp I would just opt out of them and fight solo.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just wanted to the off topic Adventurer! LOL? {No, Flame retardant pants required!}

I believe the penalty still exists for your adventure fellows called out for use since they gain exp from your kills to where trusts don't use the exp system and thus no penalty on you with them out.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast