Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Fellow NPCs used to steal some EXP from you but I have a sneaking suspicion that's changed; I had her out a few months back in Marjami Ravine trying to get her to 99 and the EXP I was getting was unchanged from when I didn't have her out.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Fellow NPCs used to steal some EXP from you but I have a sneaking suspicion that's changed; I had her out a few months back in Marjami Ravine trying to get her to 99 and the EXP I was getting was unchanged from when I didn't have her out.
    Fellows sitll take XP, that's why nobody uses them, even with the item level adjustment. It's a shame because with the fellow you essentilaly have a full party solo.
    (0)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Fellows sitll take XP, that's why nobody uses them, even with the item level adjustment. It's a shame because with the fellow you essentilaly have a full party solo.
    If they do, it's not enough to where I even notice it. I plan to use mine all the time because I consider it a cooler system than Trusts, given how we're more personally involved with them. I'd just like for SE to get rid of the cooldown period and continue to make them more even with Trusts.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Actually, a correction; they only affect CAP gain, not EXP. They don't affect EXP anymore, nor do BST pets unless they are charmed and higher level than the party.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Well if trusts did lower exp and cp it would make Kupofried completely useless. And honestly if trust did lower exp and cp I would just opt out of them and fight solo.
    Why??
    The exp loss would be insignificant compared to the killing rate against mobs with them.
    Solo you're far far far slower at killing mobs then with a party of people or trusts, so solo you'd get maybe by yourself you'd be lucky to break 20k exp/hr (just an example), with trusts and with an exp penalty from them you'd still make about 40k/hr. (I don't know how to break down CP exp, but i'd imagine it would be a LOT slower)

If you want to count your exp to the digit and get all you can, make sure your making sense with it^^

Anyway, trusts are helpful, but they're still stupid, esp with mp handling. cures most specifically, so they run out of MP much faster then a player would.
    A group of 6 players with moderate experience, and job skill will easily out do any party made up of just trusts and 1 player.

6 people working together > 4 scripts working independently and 1 person trying to work with them.

Speaking of fellow NPC's, do they work under level sync yet?
    I haven't opened it on my new character.... I should have a long time ago, but most of my jobs sync to my partner when we go exping. :/
    (0)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    at lowest levels, trusts are better than real people. Valaineral will use savage blade, elivira slug shot, and more.

I definitely want to see the removal of XP penalties, too much solo these days
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar2kx View Post
    Why??
    The exp loss would be insignificant compared to the killing rate against mobs with them.
    Solo you're far far far slower at killing mobs then with a party of people or trusts, so solo you'd get maybe by yourself you'd be lucky to break 20k exp/hr (just an example), with trusts and with an exp penalty from them you'd still make about 40k/hr. (I don't know how to break down CP exp, but i'd imagine it would be a LOT slower)

If you want to count your exp to the digit and get all you can, make sure your making sense with it^^

Anyway, trusts are helpful, but they're still stupid, esp with mp handling. cures most specifically, so they run out of MP much faster then a player would.
    A group of 6 players with moderate experience, and job skill will easily out do any party made up of just trusts and 1 player.

6 people working together > 4 scripts working independently and 1 person trying to work with them.

Speaking of fellow NPC's, do they work under level sync yet?
    I haven't opened it on my new character.... I should have a long time ago, but most of my jobs sync to my partner when we go exping. :/
    I think you have it backwards. The exp loss for party members is pretty significant. Killing rate isn't affected that much. As things are right now my killing rate is actually determined by camp size, and I find myself holding back so mobs die at the rate they pop so I can keep my chain going. Half my trusts are actually there just to give exp bonuses, Kupofried and Qultada. The other two are Arciela and Ulmia for Haste and marches. And if they were to lower my exp rates then I would just use a higher dual wield set to make up for not having magic haste.

As for a real party. If I'm getting a real group of people together I want to do something other than grind job points. Grinding job points is what I do while I wait for my friends to get online.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2