Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Monstrosity Wishlist

Back from the dead with another Monstrosity thread, but with a twist this time.
    This time it's no-nonsense non-beating-around-the-bush wishlist/suggestion/crushed dreams/hope dev senpai notices me edition. No bellyaching just post your dreams and desires.

Monipulator Forms
    •Wyrm (to complete the Behemoth, Adamantoise, Fafnir group and I'm jealous of Jormungand).
    •Wyvern/Seiryu (to complete the Sky HNM group).
    •Hydra/Alfard & Khimaira/Khrysokhimaira (to complete the Aht Urhgan group and live up to the first Monstrosity screenshots depicting them).
    •Zilant (to form a group with Elasmoth and Ferromantoise).
    •Yovra (nod to Jailer of Love and I just really like them).
    •Aern (nod to Absolute Virtue, has special TP move to randomly grant 2hr effects).
    •Dvergr (nod to Pandemonium Warden).
    •Soulflayers (Blue Mage appreciation gesture).
    •Orcs, Yagudos, Quadavs, and Goblins.
    •8 basic Elementals.
    •New Species unique to Monstrosity (This is where I was hoping we were going when we would eventually run out of monster families to add, I personally want a Zilant version of Hydra).

Instincts
    •Change Instinct acquisition levels to 15, 45, and 75.
    •Tier IV Instincts that combine/enhance the most desirable effects of I-III Instincts with reduced set cost to allow more space to equip more Instincts using leftover points.
    •Allows the usage of certain spells and/or abilities while equipped (e.g. Instinct that allows casting of Impact or monster exclusive enfeebling spells such as Paralyga).
    •Reduces Monster Skill TP cost (alternatively allow 2000+ TP costs to be reduced).
    •Reduces MP cost of spells (possibly restrict this to certain elements at a time).
    •Increases Monster Skill damage.
    •Increases buff duration.
    •Adds special effects to melee attacks.
    •More Regen/Refresh Instincts.
    •More 1-4 Point Instincts to support lower level magic users.

Belligerency
    •Introduce quests to permanently unlock NM and HNM Rank outside of Belligerency.
    •Introduce an option for players with the Limit Breaker or Job Breaker Key Items to convert Infamy gained in Belligerency to Limit Points/Capacity Points.
    •Introduce a system where Level 99 Monipulators can work towards incremental upgrades similar to Trial of the Magians.
    •Introduce a system to convert Infamy to Sparks/Copper Vouchers.
    •Introduce a system to convert Prestige to upgrade materials for (relevant) equipment.
    •Introduce a system to convert crystals/geodes to Infamy/Prestige.
    •Allow all participating Gladiators in a party/alliance to gain the amount of Prestige a single Gladiator would gain from a Monipulator (assuming that it isn't already like this).
    •Allow all participating Gladiators in a party/alliance to obtain spoils from a dropped chest regardless of their own rank (assuming that it isn't already like this.)
    Add more Belligerency Zones (Zones I'd like to see: La Theine Plateau, Konschtat Highlands, Tahrongi Canyon, Jugner Forest, Passhow Marshlands, Meriphataud Mountains, Battalia Downs, Rolanberry Fields, Sauromugue Champaign, and Al'taieu).
    Add more Level Caps (I'd like to see: Level 10/15/20, Level 50, Level 75, Level 99/Uncapped).

Misc.
    •Addition of Party play OR Allow Monipulators to share gained EXP (Desire to share camps instead of compete basically).
    •Addition of Boss Content (Preferably out in the overworld. As is, you take the time to build up your monster and all you can really do is see if you can kill Jormungand, Vrtra, or Cerberus, the last two only being accessible by non-large monsters).
    •Addition of a non-battle system (Such as a HELM or Chocobo Digging equivalent so you can enjoy being a monster in your favorite zone in a different way, also doubles as a time killer while you wait for opponents in Belligerency).
    •Unification of Monstrosity and Monster Rearing (just make them benefit each other somehow).
    •Ability to obtain (more) items that grant monster costumes so you can be a monster in town.
    •Ability to learn Blue Magic from Monipulators.
    •Set Perpetuation Cost of Monipulator summoned Avatars to zero (if added).
    •Allow Monipulators to bypass the Blue Magic restrictions (if added).
    •Allow Beastmaster Monipulators to Charm players in Belligerency (if added).
    (8)

Character
    Chaossoldier
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pretty much everything you posted. Monstrosity would give this game so much more longevity. From leveling all of the monsters to 99 (gotta unlock those instincts), to other various content they could add. SE had s real winner of game play here, but dropped the ball after releasing the belligerency pvm aspect. It wasn't a bad idea either, just the gear needed to be worth it to want to do it. I'm hoping they look back into this. The only reason I can see them turning their back on this content is because all of the man power is being used on shoveling out the last bit content/RoV
    (6)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Please update this... It's so true, it would add a lot of longevity to the game for sure.
    (6)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Agreed, everything here is fantastic and seems really well thought-out.

I'll add one - allow us to restrict instinct use in return for the ability to get actual drops from monsters (not just limited to crystals/seals). I get that drops were limited because monsters are really powerful and farming items en masse like that would really upset the game economy. I get it. So allow us to purposefully weaken our monsters in order to get proper drops. I'd gladly give up the ability to fight multiple mobs at once if it meant I could exp as a monster and still get regular drops.

I imagine the radio silence we've been getting from SE regarding monstrosity is because it's not been decided yet. I'm holding on to the hope that adding new monipulators, instincts, etc. doesn't actually require any change in game assets (no new graphics/sounds/animations) and so the remaining species could therefore be added AFTER the final November update with minimal headache.

This is me, as always, not holding my breath.
    (2)

Player
    Ive been posting everywhere i can Square enix, DEv team please listen, Please finish this game give us Complete famlies , Bstmen included and give us Party mode.

We know youve replaced this with Monster REaring but..... Nobody cares alot about monster rearing We would LOVE monstrosity Back!!!

can you imagine the epic partys of Beasts?
    (0)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thought of a few more things to add to my list.

Monipulator Forms
    •Cerberus, Peiste, Sandworm Job Change: WAR/WAR → WAR/BLM
    •Orthrus, Sibilus, Gigaworm Job Change: WAR/BLM → BLM/WAR (yes, there is a difference)
    •Gagana size restriction changed to medium or model size increased.
    •Cerberus II RDM/BLM (same model as default, represents Sarameya)
    •Amphiptere II WHM/WAR (same model as default, represents Zirnitra)
    •Sandworm II DRK/BLM (same model as default, represents Glavoid)

Monster Skills
    •Give Formiceros Gravitic Horn and Amnesiac Blast.
    •Increase the damage of Acheron Flame on Orthrus (I currently suspect it does subpar damage because the original Orthrus has to power it up by casting Fire spells on itself).
    •Increase the damage of Delta Thrust, Aqua Fortis, and Regurgitation on Peiste/Sibilus.
    •Reduce the TP cost of Slaverous Gale and Aeolian Void on Sandworm/Gigaworm by 500.

Instincts
    •Leech III adjustment: Drain/Aspir Potency +20%
    •Leech II adjustment: Water Res. +75, Haste +2%, Occult Acumen +5
    •Sea Monk III adjustment: Latent Effect: Attack multiple times (works like Octave Club)
    •Sea Monk II adjustment: Magic Atk. Bonus +1%, Magic Def. Bonus +1%, Magic Accuracy +15
    •Ruszor III adjustment: Ice Magic Atk. Bonus +15, Resist Paralyze +80
    •Cockatrice II adjustment: Resist Petrify +50, Resist Virus +50, DEF +30
    •Cerberus III adjustment: All Elemental Resistances +60, Physical Damage Taken -6%, Triple Attack +6%
    •Cerberus II adjustment: MP +100, Resist Silence +75, Fire Magic Atk. Bonus +20
    •Cerberus I adjustment: Attack +30, Fast Cast +8, Haste +2%
    •Wamoura III adjustment: INT +10, Refresh +2, Damage Taken -5%
    •Wamoura II adjustment: Fire Res. +100, Fire Magic Atk. Bonus +10, Magic Damage Taken -3%
    •Peiste III adjustment: Resist Poison +50, Water Magic Atk. Bonus +30, Water Magic Accuracy +30
    •Peiste II adjustment: Resist Amnesia +30, Subtle Blow +10, Double Attack +3%
    •Amphiptere III adjustment: Wind Magic Atk. Bonus +10, Wind Magic Accuracy +10, Occasionally absorbs Wind damage
    •Amphiptere II adjustment: Resist Sleep +75, Triple Attack +3%, HP +5%
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBEWD View Post
    i notices me edition. No bellyaching just post your dreams and desires.

Monipulator Forms
    •Wyrm (to complete the Behemoth, Adamantoise, Fafnir group and I'm jealous of Jormungand).
    •Wyvern/Seiryu (to complete the Sky HNM group).
    •Orcs, Yagudos, Quadavs, and Goblins.
    •New Species unique to Monstrosity (This is where I was hoping we were going when we would eventually run out of monster families to add, I personally want a Zilant version of Hydra).

Instincts
    •Change Instinct acquisition levels to 15, 45, and 75.
    •Allows the usage of certain spells and/or abilities while equipped (e.g. Instinct that allows casting of Impact or monster exclusive enfeebling spells such as Paralyga).
    •Reduces Monster Skill TP cost (alternatively allow 2000+ TP costs to be reduced).
    •Increases Monster Skill damage.
    •Increases buff duration.
    •Adds special effects to melee attacks.
    •More Regen/Refresh Instincts.
    •More 1-4 Point Instincts to support lower level magic users.

Belligerency
    •Introduce quests to permanently unlock NM and HNM Rank outside of Belligerency.
    •Introduce an option for players with the Limit Breaker or Job Breaker Key Items to convert Infamy gained in Belligerency to Limit Points/Capacity Points.
    •Introduce a system to convert Infamy to Sparks/Copper Vouchers.
    •Introduce a system to convert Prestige to upgrade materials for (relevant) equipment.
    •Introduce a system to convert crystals/geodes to Infamy/Prestige.
    •Allow all participating Gladiators in a party/alliance to gain the amount of Prestige a single Gladiator would gain from a Monipulator (assuming that it isn't already like this).
    •Allow all participating Gladiators in a party/alliance to obtain spoils from a dropped chest regardless of their own rank (assuming that it isn't already like this.)
    Add more Belligerency Zones (Zones I'd like to see: La Theine Plateau, Konschtat Highlands, Tahrongi Canyon, Jugner Forest, Passhow Marshlands, Meriphataud Mountains, Battalia Downs, Rolanberry Fields, Sauromugue Champaign, and Al'taieu).
    Add more Level Caps (I'd like to see: Level 10/15/20, Level 50, Level 75, Level 99/Uncapped).

Misc.
    •Addition of Party play OR Allow Monipulators to share gained EXP (Desire to share camps instead of compete basically).
    •Addition of Boss Content (Preferably out in the overworld. As is, you take the time to build up your monster and all you can really do is see if you can kill Jormungand, Vrtra, or Cerberus, the last two only being accessible by non-large monsters).
    •Unification of Monstrosity and Monster Rearing (just make them benefit each other somehow).
    •Ability to obtain (more) items that grant monster costumes so you can be a monster in town.
    •Set Perpetuation Cost of Monipulator summoned Avatars to zero (if added).
    •Allow Monipulators to bypass the Blue Magic restrictions (if added).
    •Allow Beastmaster Monipulators to Charm players in Belligerency (if added).
    These ones (I've removed very few) are absolutely great ideas. My wish list consists of, in order,

*Party Play
    *Adding worthwhile gear.
    *An "Item Level" system for Monstrosity, upgrading yourself with a system similar to merits.
    *Adding the remainder of Species

•Introduce a system where Level 99 Monipulators can work towards incremental upgrades similar to Trial of the Magians.
    Much like this... Being able to upgrade your monster past level 99, up to 125 or 128 would be really nice if they want to make the PVP portion more enjoyable.
    (3)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Remembered some more things to add to my list. I should probably add a warning that this batch of things is more towards "things that could have been" rather than "things that I could see happening".

Crossover/Legacy Species
    •Ironite/Aeronite (Multiple FF)
    •Wild Chocobo (Multiple FF)
    •Stilva (FF VII & IX)
    •Atma Weapon/Ultima Weapon (FF VI)
    •Ruby Weapon, Sapphire Weapon, Emerald Weapon, and Diamond Weapon (FF VII)
    •Midgar Zolom/Midgardsormr (FF VII)
    •PuPu (FF VIII)
    •Moomba (FF VIII)
    •T-Rexaur (FF VIII)
    •Snow Lion (FF VIII)
    •Ruby Dragon (FF VIII)
    •Yan (FF IX)
    •Grand Dragon (FF IX)
    •Rathalos & Rathian (Monster Hunter)
    •Tigrex (Monster Hunter)
    •Chameleos (Monster Hunter)
    •Hi-Ho Dwarf (Chrono Cross)
    •Sun-of-a-Gun (Chrono Cross)
    •Elemental Dragons (Chrono Cross)
    •Time Devourer "Terra Tower Form" (Chrono Cross)
    •Synard (Star Ocean 2)
    •Weirdavia (Star Ocean 2)
    •Weirdbeast (Star Ocean 2)
    •Shadow & Neo Shadow (Kingdom Hearts)
    (1)

Player
    Mon update would probably bring me back...

I uninstalled the game and everything; not because of monstrosity, but the game feels stale.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

More Pet Monstrosity Gear Armors we could wear to enhance pets before entering??

My add to this thread was posted as the tittle but anywho here is where to look if those who come in questioning where are the previous posts that everyone says there have been other posts but where are they at, your welcome! [lol]

Just a bump into few old threads on this subject: When will Monstrosity be updated?, Monstrosity Feedback, Unusual Monster Rearing behavior, Any Monstrosity additions/changes coming in the next few months?, and Monstrosity: What did we get and are we getting more soon? (question to the Dev team).

You could look into them if you wanted to but in way this subject has touched upon quite few times in different approaches!

Edit: Woops!, included monster rearing but it does get brought up quite a few times in those monstrosity threads!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 06-11-2015 at 02:50 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast