Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solo to 99?

Yes, the rhapsodies content that has been implemented in the may update has been catered to level 60 and up players.
    It doesn't go through dangerous areas and if you find yourself in trouble with the NM fights (There's 2 of them) you can always choose to shout for help.

The fight that unlocks the key item needed to be able to summon trusts for the level 70 limit breaks takes place at the entrance to Escha Zi'Tah so there should always be a high level player nearby.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-28-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Player
    My advice to any new player is this.
    .-Get to lv5
    .-RETURN to your home nation and see the Rhapsodies CS
    .-Talk to the Event moogle in your nation to activate the Event and also grab the FREE 3 trusts in the coffer
    .-Get to 20
    .-Return to your nation and use the Moogle explorer and travel to the other nations and activate the warp points. (sandoria, windurst,bastok,mahura and selbina)
    .-Get to lv 30+
    .-do your home missions get to rank 3
    .- go to selbina to see another Rhapsodies CS
    .-Continue doing the Rhapsodies Storyline until you are in norg and receive the FIRST KI (this one gives you 33% more xp and also lets you summon 4th trust)
    .-Get to lv 50
    .- Continue the rhapsodies storyline you'll face a NM but your trusts can help ypu very easy on this one. continue the storyline until you get the second KI (this one gives you among other things 33% more xp)
    .-do LB1 and get to 55
    ,-do lb2 and get to 60
    .-Continue your rank missions until you get the magicite one (this one is very important because is practically related to LB3)
    .- once you are lv 60 and on the magicite mission , proceed to do them both there are guides online.
    The only place that may get you killed is in Castle oztroja when you need to light 1 torch (you need to light only ONE torch not all of them, many people used to be confused on this one)
    ** my advice, when you are on this room have Re-raise on you, your trusts out (naji is ok here because of his provoke) use sneak-inv and go to the room next to the door you need to open, light the torch and RUN, if you die once you pass the door re-raise will help you.

Sorry about my grammar english is not my main languaje.
    If this is helping anyone, i can continue lol.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Can you do rhapsodies solo otw to 70 to get an easier maat fight?
    The only fight between the start and the first KI for Rhapsodies is the ape in Qufim, which is level 60 or so. I'm not counting the level 10-15 bees/mandragora in crag zones for the item drops.

Getting this item is not hard at all.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    considering you can get from lvl 70 t0 99(once you have all lvl caps unlocked and Rhapsodie ki's) in 10- hours i think 1-99 in 48 hrs is a good ruff guess
    (0)
    Last edited by SMD111; 05-29-2015 at 11:12 AM.

5. 05-29-2015 02:00 PM

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I did the RoV missions on a Mule a few days ago, went like this.
    Grab exp ring new exp ring and popped it. talked to Trust NPC and did quest. grabbed free trusts from box.
    lvl 1 war with +150% exp with kupipi, aldo, and Goblin trusts, solo to lvl 10 in west Saru.
    zone back into town start RoV CS
    head to canyon got 13 killing mandies for RoV item
    head to Buburimu get lvl 18
    go to Mhaura and do RoV mission to get free sub (dont need r/ex items)

after the CS where you get KI for subjob you can now travel to Norg for free and back to Selbina or Mhaura, never have to pay to ride ferry. Lets you avoid the whole airship pass to get to jungle. also lets you get the first KI for RoV, exp+30% +100% skill gain, 4th trust, cheaper HP warps.

If you have been doing RoE quests during this you should have the 10 needed to join a unity finished and are able to join one, this will let you warp outside each home nation and Jueno for a few points.

Edit: all this was done with starter gear on and a Onion sword, never died once.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tile; 05-29-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by delukard View Post
    My advice to any new player is this.
    .-Get to lv5
    .-RETURN to your home nation and see the Rhapsodies CS
    .-Talk to the Event moogle in your nation to activate the Event and also grab the FREE 3 trusts in the coffer
    .-Get to 20
    .-Return to your nation and use the Moogle explorer and travel to the other nations and activate the warp points. (sandoria, windurst,bastok,mahura and selbina)
    .-Get to lv 30+
    .-do your home missions get to rank 3
    .- go to selbina to see another Rhapsodies CS
    .-Continue doing the Rhapsodies Storyline until you are in norg and receive the FIRST KI (this one gives you 33% more xp and also lets you summon 4th trust)
    .-Get to lv 50
    .- Continue the rhapsodies storyline you'll face a NM but your trusts can help ypu very easy on this one. continue the storyline until you get the second KI (this one gives you among other things 33% more xp)
    .-do LB1 and get to 55
    ,-do lb2 and get to 60
    .-Continue your rank missions until you get the magicite one (this one is very important because is practically related to LB3)
    .- once you are lv 60 and on the magicite mission , proceed to do them both there are guides online.
    The only place that may get you killed is in Castle oztroja when you need to light 1 torch (you need to light only ONE torch not all of them, many people used to be confused on this one)
    ** my advice, when you are on this room have Re-raise on you, your trusts out (naji is ok here because of his provoke) use sneak-inv and go to the room next to the door you need to open, light the torch and RUN, if you die once you pass the door re-raise will help you.

Sorry about my grammar english is not my main languaje.
    If this is helping anyone, i can continue lol.
    is the 33% XP FoV/GoV xp or is it a 33% boost across the board?
    (0)

EXP from Records of Eminence and Fields/Grounds of Valor is never increased in any way by key items or buffs. The +30% boost from each Rhapsody KI is just to what the monsters directly give.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Altered
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    as a new red mage, i managed to get to level 75 in two weeks. after that it started to get steep, mainly because of the limit break quests. don't get me started on the old man boss fight. eventually by 85 i reached 99 by semi-afking with trusts. people will tell you "should have went to abyssea." well atleast i have combat high stats. mobs beneath level 90 can't touch me. also i have a weapon skill that completely replinshes my health. i mean, there are skill ups gear you can wear but it probably feels tedious grinding when you're already 99.

im confident that i can whip up a level 99 in 3 to 4 days. but as a new player for their first job i don't think it's happening. there are exp trusts you can use but they are from the monthly events.

there are rings but this is the best one
    http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Echad_Ring

you have 4 days to get it. all you have to do is talk to a moogle locating in each starting cities
    (0)
    Last edited by Altered; 05-30-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Did you get the Rhapsodies KI to use Trust with Maat? That was added this month, and between that and the ring, that's why I say 40 hours. All of the first 5 LB quests have been adjusted so that Trust can help you solo them. You can use Trusts to take aggro while you get the ???s needed instead of farming items from high level mobs, and the ???s for the NMs in Xarcabard are always up now, so you just need a tank Trust to provoke and hold hate while you touch the ??? and run away. Maat is absolutely broken with 4 Trusts out beating on him.

Skillups are easy to catch up with the pages from Sparks and the AH, or by using Reives or Zvahl Fortalices.
    (0)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Did you get the Rhapsodies KI to use Trust with Maat? That was added this month, and between that and the ring, that's why I say 40 hours. All of the first 5 LB quests have been adjusted so that Trust can help you solo them. You can use Trusts to take aggro while you get the ???s needed instead of farming items from high level mobs, and the ???s for the NMs in Xarcabard are always up now, so you just need a tank Trust to provoke and hold hate while you touch the ??? and run away. Maat is absolutely broken with 4 Trusts out beating on him.

Skillups are easy to catch up with the pages from Sparks and the AH, or by using Reives or Zvahl Fortalices.
    Seems like just running in, hitting the ???, and running out again works well enough, even without a tank trust. The NMs don't seem to chase very long (although you'll probably aggro other stuff outside.) I managed to -- just barely -- kill the first NM with my trusts, but it was a little too close for comfort. The hound ended up killing me (I got him to around 17%) but I had already got the item so I didn't really care. Kind of felt guilty not killing all three before taking the items but meh, I just wanted to be done with it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast