Alaska Communications

Type of Internet Connection:
    DSL

Internet Connection Speed:
    10 Mbps

Date & Time:
    Right now

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always

Character Name:
    Bungiefan

Race:
    Mithra

World:
    Asura

Main Job:
    Black Mage

Support Job:
    Scholar

Area and Coordinates:
    Temple of Uggalepih, Map 4, H-10

Party or Solo:
    Party with Romidiant.

NPC Name:
    ???s for key fragments

Monster Name:
    Nio-Hum

Steps:
    I did the cutscenes a few weeks ago talking to Destin to get the mission, and talking to Rahal to get the Crystal Dowser key item. I went with a party member to do the mission today and he got the cutscenes right before using a Nexus Cape to meet me near the Geomagnetic Fount (the nearest entrance to the temple).

We went in to the proper area and I used my Prelate Key to unlock the door. This is where the problem really starts. Anything further on from here is what I can't make progress on. Inside at the listed coordinates, the rooms with the ???s on them told him hey got Key Fragment key items, while they just tell me "This platform looks like a place for an offering." and I get no key items.

He spawned the Nio-Hum monsters and fought them, got the CS from the door. It tells me I cannot open the door.

I warp back to San d'Oria to see if I missed a cutscene. King's door says it is locked tight. Rahal says "So you were unable to locate Lightbringer... Well, to our surprise, Curilla's expeditionary forces returned yesterday with the sword."

I cannot get the key items needed to progress, I cannot talk to the King to turn in my completion, and Rahal thinks I'm farther along than I am.

------

This is an update to a previous post. I have talked with GM Baccanale a few minutes ago and he suggested I post again, since my last ticket is in Accepted Bugs since November 2013. I have reproduced the issue every few months since the initial report, and completed all quests I had active that used the zones in the mission. I did a server transfer from Ragnarok (which I started on in 2002) to Asura in April of 2015. That did not fix the issue. I still cannot get the key items, the cutscene in Uggalepih or the Chateau, and the NPCs still give me the lines that seem to indicate I have completed the mission. This has now been a problem for a year and a half.

Also, as a possible anomaly, my PlayOnline ID is Japanese, but I got it linked to a North American SquareEnix ID by Japanese Support in 2011. I don't know if it could have anything to do with it, but it is something fairly rare about my account status.
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 05-25-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/