Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune11 View Post
    An occasionally attack twice augmented Wildskeeper weapon seems like it would be better than most weapons and incredibly easy to obtain. Would something like this be sufficient for almost all story content? I'm not looking to put in huge grind hours (I primarily play FF14).

I see no mention of these augmented wildskeeper weapons on various threads I browse but I do the math and they seem to be better than the vast majority of available weapons. Something I'm missing?
    Does that augmented weapon give you the same or more skill levels than what you are comparing to? Does it give more accuracy? If no to either of those, it is worse. Skill levels count for damage and accuracy against higher level enemies, and when taking on the hardest content you need really high accuracy to even hit an enemy. What good is OAT if you have a 50% hit rate, so one of the extra hits misses? Level 119 weapons are that level for a reason, they give you stats like you are level 119 instead of 109.

Now, if just wanting to do missions, even sparks armor and weapons are enough to solo through Wings of the Goddess and Voidwatch (most of it). Some of Adoulin is not soloable unless you are the right job with the right gear and Job Points/Gifts.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you don't need the extra atk/acc from a i119 weapon, i115s with OAT are the best things you can use, generally speaking.

There's a reason why weapons like the Joyeuse remained popular for a very long time in the level 75 era.
    (1)

Player
    The 115 WKR OaT weapons are extremely good if you don't need the extra acc/atk for higher level content, the new "blurred" weapons are better yet for a lot of content but quite expensive to obtain at this moment.

But yes depending on your other gear (119 reforge af + 115 WKR OaT) generally should probably get you safely through the Adoulin missions and none of that is terribly hard to obtain, skirmish armor is extremely good though it can be pricey to get decent augments are, but with the right augments it's some of the best stuff in the game for a lot of situations.
    (0)

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thanks for all the feedback. Is it even remotely possible to solo the Adoulin missions (with trusts) as a DRK? I'm assuming at some point i'm going to need help regardless of my setup.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You will eventually reach a point where the trusts will mainly just get massacred (at least without additional human player healing/support), hopefully after putting up a buff or two, but still massacred nonetheless.

Building off of that, you will find that a huge advantage a player has compared to a trust is the mere fact that they're actually able to put up buffs *before* you start fighting.
    (0)

I'd say the Chapter 5 Adoulin fights are hard to solo without being a specific job with a specific set of gear/gifts/job points. I've heard of BST soloing them with 10-second Ready available. Trusts get wiped out pretty easily in those fights. They are easy with a trio of real people in level 119 armor.

I did them about 3 weeks ago and was unable to solo, but got a few people in town and from the LS and was able to plow through the entire chapter in a couple of hours. The variety of buffs available in a party of real people is much better than what Trusts provide. Those buffs can make the difference. Also, a pet job will help, because you have more bodies to absorb damage, and pets are immune to some debuffs, like Encumberance/Death/Charm.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Valonquar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I concur. The final chapter of the Adoulin missions are painful. You can easily solo all the way to the last fight in chapter 4, although you will want to do every quest you can find in town and in the field beforehand to gain the KIs you will need to travel freely past colonization reive obstacles.
    (0)

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Valonquar View Post
    I concur. The final chapter of the Adoulin missions are painful. You can easily solo all the way to the last fight in chapter 4, although you will want to do every quest you can find in town and in the field beforehand to gain the KIs you will need to travel freely past colonization reive obstacles.
    Any tips? I'm a 99 DRK and I pretty much just have a WAR, NIN, DNC and THF sub. Since I recently returned, my gear right now is pretty much item level 117 spark gear, an item level 115 Scythe from the Wildskeeper Reives and then I have probably older gear / WS sets / etc. (rajas, etheral earring, moonshade earring, Soil Belt, Soil gorget, etc.). Maybe I'm using the wrong trusts? Or maybe DRK isn't going to work well for these? Basically I tried to do the Stonewalled battlefield (the chapter 3 battlefield) and I quickly got taken out.

I focus my attack on the main guy - but the Gargouilles spawn so quickly that they start to pick my trusts or myself apart. It's really hard to do without human assistance. I'm sure it's definitely possible and I'm just lacking the correct trusts / strategy - but I definitely didn't find it easy. Thoughts?
    (0)

Tips would be to get Alluvion Skirmish gear (that event is very popular right now, and easy to get into and get equipment from) to have something better than sparks gear, and then do a shout in town to get a group of 6 real people to do the last chapter. It only takes about 3 hours to do, and has about 4-5 fights.

I was unable to do earlier chapters solo for some fights with my jobs of BLM and SAM without bringing in a second human, usually a WHM to keep NPCs alive. Duoing these battles is easy before chapter 5, soloing them is not without the right jobs and equipment.
    (0)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Tips would be to get Alluvion Skirmish gear (that event is very popular right now, and easy to get into and get equipment from)
    Just going to leave this here, but depending on your server, it can easily cost 400k to get the KI for skirmish, seeing as pts lately are requiring everyone to have a KI for it, not to mention depending on how populated your server is (seems only Asura is doing things lately), chances are, no one is shouting for anything or interested if you shout. Saw someone earlier shouting for a good few hours and couldn't get more than 2 people >_> just something to think about

Both of those, mainly the second one, are why I'm still behind on gear(either full 109 reforged or a mix of some lower lvl delve stuff). No one shouts, no one is interested in doing things, even people in ls :/

What I'm curious about is that if just having 119 somehow gives you more acc even if the piece doesn't have it? Because I've seen everyone and their galka using qaaxo, yet my manibozho body has almost double the acc qaaxo has, way more attack and only like 1 str less. I've pumped as much ilvl acc gear as I can into my job and I can't hit for crap, only get about 850, yet I see numerous people using full 119 with almost no acc on any of their gear, yet they can hit perfectly fine o.O Haven't seen anyone ask this and couldn't find anything online about if ilvl actually does anything, since some lower ilvl gear have better stats than some of the 119
    (0)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 06-04-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2