Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Is it really this easy to catch-up?

Am I missing something? I log in for the first time in close to 2 years. I explore with RoE and realize that you can get sparks for already having completed "nation" missions (I have all three ranked to 10). Needless to say - I'm clicking through these and I'm maxed out on sparks without even moving outside of town (still have plenty of tasks to turn in).

Seems like I can buy a full set of 117 gear now. Is this enough to clear all of the Adoulin missions / Rhapsody missions?

With full 117 gear - what should I shoot for next? It looks like 95% of the stuff to do is now invalidated per the 117 item level gear. Anything I'm missing? Just looking for what I should do next.

Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the sparks gear is nothing to write home about, but it does help you get going.
    ilvl stuff is needed for basically everything in the expansion and will be needed for most of Rhapsodies.

Also FYI, only visible gear has item levels. Rings/earrings/back/waist/neck and non-thrown throwing items other than special pet items for SMN/PUP don't have ilvls and aren't "invalidated."

Content related to relics/mythics/empyreans is all still played for making money / creating those things and upgrading AF/relic/empyrean armor to lv119. Most old BCNMs have new high-tier versions with multiple difficulty levels (And that 117 gear won't be enough for anything above Normal difficulty
    Audolin has multiple endgame contents such as sirmish/alluvion skirmish, delve, incursion, and vagary. Rhapsodies has 119 content as well (and will have more in the coming updates).

Look into skirmish or delve first, you can also hit up some of those BCNMs, those will help you get qualified for the tougher contents. Unity Concord hunts are also a good thing.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-24-2015 at 12:46 AM.

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thanks for the response. Any suggestions for trust combinations to use? I play as a DRK which I realize is not the most in demand job. Obviously would only be interested in currently available trusts (not ones that I may have missed). Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    You can sleepwalk through the current Rhapsody missions in sparks gear, but I think you'll hit a wall with some of the Adoulin missions without help. Trusts will be destroyed by AoE on later fights and you'll have to fight against multiple enemies at times.

You might try working on reforging artifact/relic/empyrean armor pieces next, or try for skirmish gear.
    (2)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    the sparks gear is nothing to write home about, but it does help you get going.
    For someone that mostly hasn't touched the game since Adoulin, the stuff is really quite amazing. It might not quite be enough to make you godly in the higher tier Adoulin content, but the difference it makes in doing nearly anything else before it is like night and day.
    (0)

Character
    Cyleena
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune11 View Post
    Am I missing something? I log in for the first time in close to 2 years. I explore with RoE and realize that you can get sparks for already having completed "nation" missions (I have all three ranked to 10). Needless to say - I'm clicking through these and I'm maxed out on sparks without even moving outside of town (still have plenty of tasks to turn in).

Seems like I can buy a full set of 117 gear now. Is this enough to clear all of the Adoulin missions / Rhapsody missions?

With full 117 gear - what should I shoot for next? It looks like 95% of the stuff to do is now invalidated per the 117 item level gear. Anything I'm missing? Just looking for what I should do next.

Thanks
    Sparks gear is a step to get going but to get into most groups you will need a little better gear. I would say try to get in skirmish runs with people to get skirmish gear (you could be book person in Alluvion Skirmish to start getting you pieces), and upgrade your AF/Emp/Relic gear. Also depending on jobs you might want to get some delve gear/weapons as well which some are still good for people coming back like the Delve Shark GK if you play sam, etc, and there is still some rings, neck pieces, etc that are still not bad to use for some jobs. You will probably need some help to get delve wins and gear but most places still have shout runs that occur, or if you have a group that does delve try to get in on it. You might also want to think about leveling something besides dark because you will find that dark is not used for most content nowadays unfortunately. Support jobs are wanted a lot like brd, geo, sometimes cor, whm, sch, or DD jobs like sam, pld, Rune, blue, etc. Once you get gear sorted you can maybe do some Incursion for a decent Capacity Points (job points) capes (Mecistopins Mantle with capactiy points augment on it), and JSE (job specific equipment = JSE) cape though you can get JSE capes augmented from a npc without doing incursion with refractive crystals but still need incursion for Capacity Points capes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cyleena; 05-24-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Once you get gear sorted you can maybe do some Incursion for a decent Capacity Points (job points) capes (Mecistopins Mantle with capactiy points augment on it), and JSE (job specific equipment = JSE) cape though you can get JSE capes augmented from a npc without doing incursion with refractive crystals but still need incursion for Capacity Points capes.
    There's also the Aptitude Mantle (+1) if Incursion is too hard to get into, which has very much been the case for me
    (1)

Level 117 Sparks armor is like the Perle/Teal/Aurore set from Abyssea. It's a baseline set to get you into current events. Better gear comes from current events, but at least you have something that can get you by.

Rhapsodies is currently set to be clearable if you could beat the Shadow Lord mission, aimed at level ~60 players. The next batch will be aimed at 75-99, and the last one will be aimed at level 119. Adoulin and maybe Abyssea are the only things you will have trouble soloing now without a very specific job and gear build. Most endgame isn't realy soloable right now, like Vagary and hard mode battles, unless you go on easy difficulty on the things that give an option.

Spark gear should let you into hard mode orb battles, skirmish and alluvion skirmish, and maybe Delve, so you can get better gear (maybe your job uses reforged Empyrean, Relic, and Artifact armor) that is level 119, so you can do harder things like Vagary. You can also farm silt in Escha Zi'Tah for high level equipment.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    An occasionally attack twice augmented Wildskeeper weapon seems like it would be better than most weapons and incredibly easy to obtain. Would something like this be sufficient for almost all story content? I'm not looking to put in huge grind hours (I primarily play FF14).

I see no mention of these augmented wildskeeper weapons on various threads I browse but I do the math and they seem to be better than the vast majority of available weapons. Something I'm missing?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, accuracy kinda trumps everything in high end content. VD BCs and the highest level incursions etc demand that you max out your accuracy to the extent humanly possible (and even then you need multiple buffs). The WKR weapons with augments are very good but you really need something 119 for the hardest content. On PUP I have the augmentable 119 hth from delve 2 (that bear-like NM) and it seems to outperform the WKR weapon with OAT in high level content. In lower end content though, it might not be the case.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast