Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Serious Trust AI Fail: Curing is lowest priority

Se, I know this is probably not even that hard to do. You need edit the mage NPC's priority list to have Cures at the top.

Going down slowly into red HP while the Trust npc puts shell, protect, refresh, haste II, and then phalanx on me and refusing to heal me until all of my buffs are on is just silly.

Curing should be priority #1, then the trust should put buffs up when everyone is full HP.

So far this applies to the following trusts:

Kupipi
    Koru-Moru
    Joachim

Its not many, but they are the main healing NPCs and this is a pretty glaring error in their AI priority list. Its basically backwards atm.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Koru-moru and Joachim are not primary healers; Koru-Moru's main role is to buff and debuff, with the occasional dabbling into cures. Joachim's is to sing first, then heal (though admittedly, when he's doing nothing but chucking our Traverser Stones, he still is a bit slow on the heals). Kupipi is one I'd have a genuine concern over, but I've had no issues with her healing up until this point; generally, she's a little overzealous with healing if anything, often casting -na spells before I've registered that they're there. I'm not sure what her issue is with you, tbh.

But yeah, the latter two should not be looked to for main healing. Their AI is not built to main heal. Main healers are Trusts like Ferreous Coffin, Cherukiki, Mihli Aliapoh, etc. I'd say Kupipi too but you seem to be having an issue there.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I dont think it matters what a trusts "main role" is

If SE wants to have trusts behave like realistic NPCs, emulating a fellow being, a bard/whm will still prioritize curing over anything.

The real thing to look at where this oddity occurs is this:

All the old Trusts, the original ones, only had access to essentially 2 buffs. Protect/Shell. And wouldn't you know it, Kupipi and the other older trusts prioritize curing over buffing as they should.

Interestingly enough, even koru-moru will prioritizie curing over pro/shell. The buffs he prioritizes over curing are the NEW buffs only he and other such new trusts have access too.

This pretty clearly shows the new Trusts just have their AIs copy pasted from the originals, then altered. And in the process of this, the NEW buffs got prioritized over healing, but the old buffs like Pro/Shell and etc are properly prioritized BELOW healing as the should be.

This is blatantly obvious, and should be fixed, as otherwise Trusts are kind of derpy and cannot be relied upon at all.
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Joachim's is to sing first, then heal (though admittedly, when he's doing nothing but chucking our Traverser Stones
    I chuckled a bit when I read this...
    (0)