Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Prrsha
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 67

A Simple Request from a old grizzled player.

I wish SE would made one simple fix to FFXI. A self imposed level cap. For example: I want to level in Valkrum Dunes but my friends and I all have jobs that are way above 20. That area is dead to us. Why not make a command like: "/synch Prrsha 20" to reduce my level to 20. Then my friends can synch to me and we can have a blast reliving old zones the way the were intended. A primary example for this is CoP areas. I'd love to just beat CoP the old way with my friends for the heck of it, if only for the challenge and satisfaction of doing so.

This simple change would draw many of my friends back so they could experience Vanadiel like it used to be... if only by a small amount. Currently they are all on retro servers and I just can't get them back to FFXI here. They all miss the "good ol' days" :/
    (9)
    Fissssh! It's what's for dinner! :9

Prrroud founder of MithraPride on Phoenix 2004.

Player
    I think that a classic server with the QOL that the game has today would be great
    (1)

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Cool idea - although I can foresee oldschoolers syncing to 75 and fighting KB, taking forever. Ilvl people groaning surely lol. I think it would work in some aspects but not with others. Do like the idea though.
    (0)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can't imagine why you'd want to level in the dunes unless you were at a level to EXP there. What makes the dunes any better than any other location? And I say this because if you actually are that level, we have the level sync feature already which will work for this situation.

As others noted, if you self capped to make some fight harder, you'd probably agitate other people who might need what you're doing and want to get it done quickly.

As I write this, I'm grinding for job points in a high level area, and the 'feel" is the same as killing things at any other level. So I guess I just don't understand the appeal of this.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I can't imagine why you'd want to level in the dunes unless you were at a level to EXP there. What makes the dunes any better than any other location? And I say this because if you actually are that level, we have the level sync feature already which will work for this situation.

As others noted, if you self capped to make some fight harder, you'd probably agitate other people who might need what you're doing and want to get it done quickly.

As I write this, I'm grinding for job points in a high level area, and the 'feel" is the same as killing things at any other level. So I guess I just don't understand the appeal of this.
    I'm not sure how you're going to agitate anyone by fighting stuff in the dunes. I don't think a single group level syncing to Valkurm's level range would somehow manage to monopolize the damselfly worms and crab aprons (magicked skulls can be got in Gusgun), and even if they did, people who need them could simply join the group, sync, and gain exp while waiting for them to drop. Heck, even when I first started my character a couple weeks ago, I killed everything I could between Bastok and Valkurm, and by the time I got there, I'd already outleveled the early areas of the zone, so it's certainly not a vital place to level up either.

I personally wouldn't bother with this feature, but I can certainly understand the desire for the nostalgia, and it sounds like it would simply be a modification to the levelsync feature to allow a sync without a lower level party member.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not sure how you're going to agitate anyone by fighting stuff in the dunes. I don't think a single group level syncing to Valkurm's level range would somehow manage to monopolize the damselfly worms and crab aprons
    Again, what makes EXPing in the dunes better than EXPing in The Boyahda Tree, or Bibiki Bay, or <insert other area here>? I am unable to comprehend this.
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I imagine SE's answer to this is that if your jobs are all 99 and you want to level in the dunes and don't have any friends at that level... make a new character.
    (0)

Player
    Again, what makes EXPing in the dunes better than EXPing in The Boyahda Tree, or Bibiki Bay, or <insert other area here>? I am unable to comprehend this.
    nos·tal·gia
    näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə
    noun
    a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

It's subjective, it's based on personal feelings/memories, you don't have to comprehend this.
    (3)

You can still level in the Dunes with RoE objectives, as the regional ones don't require the kills to give EXP, and the deal 500+ damage objective is easy to do there also. It will just be very slow and give no EXP multiplier with the rings.

As for doing the zones the way they were intended, just use level sync. Unless you have all jobs leveled to max, it is going to be not even an hour to be of appropriate level for the Dunes. You can go through whatever zones you want that way. You can even still delevel as low as 30.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Does this question need to be asked or answered? The answer will be nostalgia. Sometimes you wanna camp Leaping Lizzy and hey sometimes you wanna just kill crabs. Why not.

Its not like adding this is going to take away from developing endgame content. Least not past November or whatever.
    (4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast