Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not sure how you're going to agitate anyone by fighting stuff in the dunes.
    I'm speaking

It's subjective, it's based on personal feelings/memories, you don't have to comprehend this.
    the more accurate definition:
    The act of re-doing something you did a long time ago and discovering it just isn't the same as it was when you did it the first time.

People would go back, play with this feature for 5 minutes, realize how much grinding sucked in the old days (especially without 5 other people to chat with, which was the real fun of it to begin with), then go back to whatever they were doing before, making the development time spent on it wasted.

I think most people would agree with me that the real fun from the early days of leveling came from the social experiences and less the gameplay itself. Which you're just not going to get anymore, even if they implemented a feature like this, because good luck finding a whole party of people with appropriate jobs to grind with you like the old days. And again, even in that case, I don't see how it matters where you do it.

Also, don't tell me what i have to and don't have to comprehend. My brain works a certain way, and I can't support something if I can't understand why anyone would want it.

Sometimes you wanna camp Leaping Lizzy and hey sometimes you wanna just kill crabs. Why not.
    What is it about leaping lizzy or crabs that makes them more fun than say... dolls in sky, or leafkins, or <insert mob here>? Why not you say, I ask why not just kill something else. It should be just as satisfying. You can always start a new character if you want to experience the beginning of the game again. That's why most games have a new game button =\

Its not like adding this is going to take away from developing endgame content. Least not past November or whatever.
    It will take development time away from whatever it is they might be developing. And with precious little time left, there's a pretty long list of things I'd rather see take priority.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm speaking [...]
    This is a forum, I most certainly didn't "interrupt" you.

[...] Also, don't tell me what i have to and don't have to comprehend. My brain works a certain way, and I can't support something if I can't understand why anyone would want it. [...]
    Your mind can work any way it does, however that isn't going to change how the rest of the world works. No one is requiring your support.

[...] What is it about leaping lizzy or crabs that makes them more fun than say... dolls in sky, or leafkins, or <insert mob here>? Why not you say, I ask why not just kill something else. It should be just as satisfying. You can always start a new character if you want to experience the beginning of the game again. That's why most games have a new game button =\ [...]
    Your response has, essentially, been "I don't like or want what you're asking for, so why don't you just like what I like instead?"

This is how you feel about it, not how others feel. Again, your mind can work any way it pleases, but your inability to understand that other people like and want different things than you isn't going to change the fact that, well, other people like and want different things than you.

[...] It will take development time away from whatever it is they might be developing. And with precious little time left, there's a pretty long list of things I'd rather see take priority.
    They've already mapped out the final content they're going to develop for this game, down to the November release for the final part. I highly doubt asking for an extra button for the Level Sync feature is going to somehow cause SE's planning to completely fall apart.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but this "I don't understand" part... Whether you like it or not, your ability to understand why someone else wants something is not required for their request to be valid from an objective position.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is a forum, I most certainly didn't "interrupt" you.
    That was an unfinished thought that I never got around to finishing. Was not meant to imply or suggest you were interrupting me or anything else. It was literally an uncompleted sentence.

Your mind can work any way it does, however that isn't going to change how the rest of the world works. No one is requiring your support.
    I didn't say, imply, or intend to imply that it was being required by anyone or anything.

Your response has, essentially, been "I don't like or want what you're asking for, so why don't you just like what I like instead?"
    That's not my response at all. I'm not asking anyone to like anything. I'm only speaking my mind on a topic, and I don't see why such a feature is necessary in the light of other things that the remaining development time could be better spent on.

They've already mapped out the final content they're going to develop for this game, down to the November release for the final part. I highly doubt asking for an extra button for the Level Sync feature is going to somehow cause SE's planning to completely fall apart.
    They've mapped it out in a general manner, yes. But not every single individual fix and feature improvement or adjustment. You're also oversimplifying the task. It's not just "adding a button." It's the code/script that the clicking the button drives, and you don't even know how much work it takes to add a button with their sphagetti code. If there's anything I've learned from the FFXI team over 13 years and coupled with my personal experience working with a small game studio, it's that nothing is as simple as we think it is.

but this "I don't understand" part... Whether you like it or not, your ability to understand why someone else wants something is not required for their request to be valid from an objective position.
    I never said or implied or intended to imply that my lack of understanding invalidated anyone's opinion. What kind of sense would that make? None. When I say I can't comprehend something, that means I'd very much like to understand. If I did understand, that would potentially make me more accepting of an idea.

You are reading way, way, way too much into what I wrote.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-22-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Player
    Well, now it's my turn to state that I wasn't trying to imply that the button addition would be simple, only that asking for it isn't going to throw them out of whack. SE knows what they can/can't do with their game, so trying to argue against the idea with a concern that it would somehow mess with development seems unreasonable at best.

You also appeared to be trying to express that you felt the feature was completely unecessary, which is fine, but you appeared to be reasoning as such by stating your inability to understand the desire for it, to which I was simply pointing out why that reasoning is moot in an argument of whether or not the feature should be added. MMORPGs, even the old ones, involve a variety of different types of content, which inevitably means the devs may put time into something you see as pointless, but others see as an improvement to the game.

You spoke your mind, which is obviously fine. I was simply responding by speaking my own.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's fine, I think we understand each other at this point.
    (0)

Again, what makes EXPing in the dunes better than EXPing in The Boyahda Tree, or Bibiki Bay, or <insert other area here>? I am unable to comprehend this.
    I think they mean even though you can level sync as a higher level go from 50 to 10 you cant go 10 to 50 with
    sync. You have to go to lower level's to level properly
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2