Character
    Kagetachi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Unlinking POLAccount from SquareEnix Account

I was looking at the help desk and saw this option.

I have an Japanese POLAccount on a Japanese SquareEnix Account. Is it possible to now get them to unlink it so I can put it on a NA SquareEnix Account? so I can play the game without buying webmoney.

Anyone know?
    (0)

Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ya I've been on the list to have my brothers POL ID unlinked from my SE ID for 3 years.
    The last time I inquired on the status about it I was told it was not an actual service but a "water test" to see how many people would be interested.

Don't expect any results.
    (0)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

I did it to my account, but it took 8 months of fighting with NA and JP support, with lots of Google Translate, to get it done in 2011. They said it was a one-time thing, and I'd need to make a new account if I moved between regions again.

JP and NA support do not talk to each other, and NA support cannot see anything in a JP account to assist.

I still have a JP PlayOnline Account, so I've had to buy Adoulin from Japan, but I can now pay my fee with American payment options.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Kagetachi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    ok, This is Firesped btw. On my NA account. sounds like it is not worth the trouble for how much life is left in this game, I just need to figure out if I need to move servers to get what I want done, done now.

just looked at the price for world transfers on JP side, they reduced it since the last time I did it. currently at 900 yen, when I transferred years ago it cost like $30 or $40.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kagetachi; 05-20-2015 at 06:02 AM.

Yeah, I had to push the issue, when the game was 9 years old, that someone working for the government (embassy, military, other such job) would not be expected to live in the same place for multiple years on end. I have moved every 1-2 years since I left college. Not having any contingency plan for someone moving between countries, other than to have them start over from scratch, when they have blocked most means of paying from outside of the region the account was registered to, is crazy and poor customer service for a global product with a global player base. I would get a reply after 1-2 weeks, and I had to keep it up for 8 months.

I think I emailed you my conversation history with them once for what I had to do. Elmer of JPButton helped me interpret some things Google Translate couldn't do, since my JP is so rusty. I included the orignal English is all of my replies, alongside the Google Translate output.

It's funny too, because when the EU version launched, they gave all NA accounts a one-time option to change to EU region if they wanted to, so they could pay the fee in native currency. JP accounts never got that option, and plenty of NA and EU players imported before NA/EU release, just like many EU players imported the NA release. I was there at the start with a bunch of people from GameFAQs and FFXIOnline.com, which Johnnyram helped get going on the game. 9 years of paying my monthly fees and paying full price for expansions on release, and they wanted me to give up all my progress, when my first level 75 job took me 8 years. I was livid.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Kagetachi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I started using that same stuff. I did manage to record off the JP university it was registered too but I changed the address to one I have registered with tenso.com. In theory if SE sends me any mail tenso should contact me to have it delivered, don't know if it would happen tho. I did get the account switched to webmoney and have bought that through sutocorp. just need to buy some more for like 6 more monthes of play. But I'm not having success soloing some of the content so I think I need to find a group to join even if I need to server transfer. quetzalcoatl seems pretty barren right now.
    (0)

Quetzalcoatl is home to the biggest pet job LS I know, and they just got a bunch of people to transfer to their server on Reddit this week. Asura has the large Reddit LS that is running up against the limits of how many people can be online at once all day now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comment...otypirates_on/

The pet LS just did a full Delve run a few days ago, to get some new members the clears, and I know they do Vagary.

WebMoney was becoming problematic to get, it was taking a while to get the codes, and the price was rising quite a bit. I didn't want to go through the forced process of having to register a valid JP mailing address to use Crysta either, with word that a fake address could be grounds for a ban. I'm no longer in Japan,. and I don't have a JP mailing address. I could use WebMoney straight before they forced SE Accounts to be used, and I already had to switch to WebMoney after they stopped accepting my USA VISA in 2008/2009 when they blocked all non-JP credit cards. There's only so many hopps I'll jump through before I get mad that they are making it hard to pay them.
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 05-20-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Character
    Kagetachi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What is that linkshell called?

found it on ffxiah.com. contacting them now. might work considering my main is summoner.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kagetachi; 05-20-2015 at 07:34 AM.