Character
    Kaitaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 97

PUP Changes, one last suggestion to truly make the class what it should be...

I'd like to start off by saying as a PUP main since ToAU I am very happy with how the class has progressed, as well as how Pet Classes have moved forward as a whole from the crevices of depravity they lived in before. As it stands VE/SS and VE/VE has been a really powerful contender and despite SS/SS doing Defense Down the weaponskills are severely under par with what VE does. That being said Kenkoken AM3 furthers this with the OAT only being applied to physical attacks. I've been hoping for a form of Triple shot for some time to make using SS/SS at max range viable, and I am very happy with the addition of the new Repeater attachment.

I am willing to assume that even with all the SMN and BST changes, PUP continues to see more love due to it being still one of the least played of the 3 PET classes. The Ready/Sic changes have truly made the BST mythic a powerhouse while I feel KKK and Nirvana (only affecting physical blood pacts much like the AM3 from KKK) need some changes. I feel Nirvana should have an effect on magical BP since they have become pretty big in the final stages of the game, as well as a similar AM3 effect for KKK. I feel that it give differing effects based on the frame of your puppet. Such as

SS= Triple shot Potency increase/Increased Store TP
    VE= As is.
    SW= Magic Attk/Acc and Magic Damage+'

These changes I feel should be considered to give PUP (and even SMN) that last push they need. Thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That only helps KKK pups. as it stands, my automatons accuracy is still miserable for any real ilvl content. and let's not even get started on magical nukes.

Personally, i feel we need a few attachments to bring spiritreaver up to snuff, as well as a general increase in automaton accuracies. for instance, a couple magic damage + attachments, as well as one that changes nuking from casting teir V nukes every 20 seconds or so to casting one teir V every 30 or so, but in between casting teir I-II nukes back to back (what spell depends on the monsters elemental weakness, and whether the auto senses an acceptable resist rate with teir Is or needs teir IIs for more magic accuracy)

as it stands now, spiritreaver went from being a stupidly powerful but slower nuker than blm, to being a gimped blm with just an eminent wand and nothing else. blms can cast tier II nukes for nearly as much as our teir Vs, and we can't even hope to catch up to their 8-10k+ teir Vs before magic bursts. and unlike us, blms can cast far more frequently.
    (0)

Character
    Kaitaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    That only helps KKK pups. as it stands, my automatons accuracy is still miserable for any real ilvl content. and let's not even get started on magical nukes.

Personally, i feel we need a few attachments to bring spiritreaver up to snuff, as well as a general increase in automaton accuracies. for instance, a couple magic damage + attachments, as well as one that changes nuking from casting teir V nukes every 20 seconds or so to casting one teir V every 30 or so, but in between casting teir I-II nukes back to back (what spell depends on the monsters elemental weakness, and whether the auto senses an acceptable resist rate with teir Is or needs teir IIs for more magic accuracy)

as it stands now, spiritreaver went from being a stupidly powerful but slower nuker than blm, to being a gimped blm with just an eminent wand and nothing else. blms can cast tier II nukes for nearly as much as our teir Vs, and we can't even hope to catch up to their 8-10k+ teir Vs before magic bursts. and unlike us, blms can cast far more frequently.
    Well yes this applies to KKK owners, since the power gap only exists between SS/SS and VE/VE when you have the capability of maintaining the Aftermath in the first place. Regardless post 75 cap Mythics were not hard to obtain and were only held behind obnoxiously annoying content walls that made it more of a test of patience instead of a challenge. I agree on the Mage puppets being very under par, especially with the inclusion of the Koru-Moru trust totally phasing out all the finer points of the RDM puppet for example. Putting together a Melee/Ranged pet aug Taeon set makes your PUP hit just fine as long as you are using target marker (which we do need a magic acc version) but sadly putting together a Nuking/magic pet set is a waste of money since ranger/melee frame will run circles around the mage due to casting cooldowns.
    (1)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post

I'll agree that the nuking aspect for Pup is now nonexistent but I'll have to completely disagree about the automaton accuracy in high tier content. I feel SE got it right with accuracy. I think pup needs a way to aoe similar to BST. That could help us in content like Delve where you want to control adds.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    1) Acc isnt bad if you use shiromochi + target marker, that should cap acc on pretty much everything with 1 thunder maneuver, and for DDing wind wind thunder is optimal anyways
    2) KKK has a few flaws, at 99 (i119) the -MA trait is too much and with capped magic haste, we are 24ish MA over the cap, add in gifts/jp and you can pretty much remove the -ma from KKK entirely and wed still cap.
    3) With maneuvers now lasting up to 5 min, the -overload on KKK now pretty much useless. It is just for times when your summoning pets a lot (pet only stuff where pet dies a lot) or using ice maker + 3x ice DAD
    4) New amplifier attachment is shit, pets dont time their nukes so they dont even try to magic burst, it just now CAN magic burst IF it happens to cast at the right time
    5) Loud speaker needs to be reworked to be like tension spring and add % based MAB, no self respecting pup is going to make a MAB taeon set and switch to it every time their pet goes to nuke. 1 piece of taeon gear with mab > loud speaker as it is :-/

What I would like to see:
    1) Another rank of stout servant for all pet jobs (bst/pup at 15% and smn at 9%)
    2) A way to control pet range (either stay and attack at range or charge in)
    3) Loud speaker to be % based instead of static
    4) BLM to nuke with t1/2 inbetween t5 nukes
    5) Gear that adds pet haste, acc, atk that doesnt gimp the master (same for mab/acc) (we have some pieces, mainly gloves, but a full suit would be nice...with taeons we can pick master OR pet, but it would be nice to have both in one). Ideally id want my pet to cap gear haste, and have +100 acc/atk without me having to give up 125acc/atk/stats
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Honestly the thing really hurting any job, is SE's lack of desire to make all jobs truly equal or competitive and using baseless claims like they did with the dragoon post, as if by somehow making call wyvren on a 5 minute timer would be game breaking. Or pups having a sic/stay would somehow be over powered.

All of their descisions are made in a closed environment under perfect conditions...not in the real world with actual variables. To them, amplifier was probably intended to be used similarly to the old school DAD. Put up 3 ice maneuvers, wait for someone else to skill chain, then deploy as soon as skill chain darkness/light goes off, with the master wearing full taeon macc/mab gear. Under those conditions a pet could do some pretty wicked nukes...but no pup is going to play like that.

In reality, if we are using blm in a party, we are full time meleeing, and hitting deploy every mob as soon as deploy is up.
    (0)

7. 06-02-2015 06:44 PM