Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Should katanas have magic damage?

Ninjas do have magic attacks, and elemental ninjutsu could use a boost. I know chidori has magic damage on it, but shouldn't all ilvl katanas have it?
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That would be awesome, which would benefit my style in playing the job, but its very unlikely this would happen. It seems the DEV are leaning to make the job more of a tanking job rather than it being too versatile. But what the elemental ninjutsu should get is a boost in magic accuracy.
    (0)

Player
    I have no problem with all Katana getting magic damage on top of everything else in theory, however, if such a thing comes to pass I should hope all Blu usable swords get it too for the same reason, my real problem with this though, is that knowing Squeenix, they'd probably want to rebalance the damage and other bonuses of these items because magic damage is on them, therefore, we're probably better off without it in actuality and just having to use two sets of weapons like we currently do
    (0)

With the ridiculous changes to magic bursting, nukes have a place now for ninja sometimes, I could get behind a change like this since it would be useful.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I have no problem with all Katana getting magic damage on top of everything else in theory, however, if such a thing comes to pass I should hope all Blu usable swords get it too for the same reason, my real problem with this though, is that knowing Squeenix, they'd probably want to rebalance the damage and other bonuses of these items because magic damage is on them, therefore, we're probably better off without it in actuality and just having to use two sets of weapons like we currently do
    That's actually a good point cor, rdm, and blu all use swords and they use a lot of magic based attacks. Or at least sword is their highest combat skill. Most of the time I see blus with clubs, and rdm using staffs. Maybe instead all weapons should have some magic damage on them like how of them have magic accuracy.
    (0)

Player
    You see Blus mostly use Clubs right now because Subduction is what makes them usable in most endgame content at the moment, and it's far better using clubs for that than swords right now, I'm currently making a Tizona but sadly don't expect to actually use it much because I Subduction far more often than I melee these days.

But you're right, all jobs in theory use magic damage to some extent, some more than others, be it Sanguine Blade, etc, it would be quite nice if it worked that way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 05-20-2015 at 02:43 AM.