Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The "ideal" way for it to work is that people farm the meat for the crafters, who in turn craft it and sell it to the Beastmasters in a steady and reliable stream on the AH, not a one man show. That might not be entirely possible going forward, so having an NPC sell them is entirely sensible, and even undercutting current prices by a certain amount is entirely reasonable too.

But this will have effects on whomever is farming the meat and puk eggs, and probably more than whomever is crafting them. I could lament about crafting, but I would have to first lament about all the random items FFXI gives you becoming less and less valuable over time as well, in a ongoing sort of deflation. Personally I mostly blame the auction house system and its low sale time and low slot count cutting the direction the game is going much deeper, but the causes are numerous.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We will not be adding pet food to the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel NPCs; however, in the next version update we're planning to add Pet Food Eta, Zeta, and Theta to shop NPCs.

Yes all beastmaster love shop that sell pet food. Grekumah off topic but can we keep the double capacity points campaign, trust double HP and others like skirmish going because it's almost over now June 30 is deadline. It's a good way to keep everyone busy with those campaign up.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The "ideal" way for it to work is that people farm the meat for the crafters, who in turn craft it and sell it to the Beastmasters in a steady and reliable stream on the AH, not a one man show. That might not be entirely possible going forward, so having an NPC sell them is entirely sensible, and even undercutting current prices by a certain amount is entirely reasonable too.

But this will have effects on whomever is farming the meat and puk eggs, and probably more than whomever is crafting them. I could lament about crafting, but I would have to first lament about all the random items FFXI gives you becoming less and less valuable over time as well, in a ongoing sort of deflation. Personally I mostly blame the auction house system and its low sale time and low slot count cutting the direction the game is going much deeper, but the causes are numerous.
    This is just it, it hasn't been worthwhile to farm raw materials for a really long time, unfortunately. I mean, anyone who can farm dynamis, why would they go kill ruzors or puks instead? More relaxing maybe, but way less profit, and severely limited by slots in the AH. I often have max stuff up on the AH and a lot of raw materials get returned. Like, I try to help out crafters by keeping ingots and stuff from VW etc until I have a stack and selling them on the AH but I often list them at the going rate and have them sent back to me, so it ends up being a waste of money on my end.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Like, I try to help out crafters by keeping ingots and stuff from VW etc until I have a stack and selling them on the AH but I often list them at the going rate and have them sent back to me, so it ends up being a waste of money on my end.
    Until SE fixes the AH, it looks like shouts and bazaaring stuff is the way to go, even if this is NOT A SOLUTION for crafting mats SE.
    (1)

I'd like a shop with an NPC for every craft, where you could sell relevant crafting materials for better than normal NPC prices and they would be available to players for a slight markup over the sell price. I know that's asking a lot but, I think it would help. Could reset every tally - but that would give people a place to go to get rare crafting materials and make it easier for non crafters to get their items to crafters.

This is off topic and a huge wish besides, but anyway, I think that would be really nice.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3