Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We will not be adding pet food to the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel NPCs; however, in the next version update we're planning to add Pet Food Eta, Zeta, and Theta to shop NPCs.
    You did that on purpose. It was like .. "RAGE" ... "oh. COol!"
    (3)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Pet Food Theta is pretty easy to make. Not going to complain about an NPC selling it, but really now?

Well, all right then.
    (0)

It may be "easy" to make (once you've spent ages skilling up cooking) but its not always available and people often set gouge-level prices on it, so I hope this at least sets a ceiling for what people can expect to charge, and allows people to get some when cooks don't feel like making it.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

BST is the sole reason why I even decided to make Cooking my main craft. >_>; But good God, I've stopped skilling at all now that I've reached 69.9. And the Ruszor Meat isn't always up on Sylph's AH as it is. :/
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Why buy it? Most of the items are easy to farm, and I don't even go on THF anymore because I don't have it geared to modern standards. For Ruszor meat you can just go to Xarcabard [S], and way to the northeast section (just past the bombs and spirits) you'll find a whole bunch of Ruszor, something like 15-20 of them if you continue west along the north cliff. I just grab a bunch with an NQ Chapuli pet, Tegmina Buffet, repeat. I'll generally get 1-4 meats per pull and I think they're something like a 5 minute respawn at longest. Since I only craft for myself and not profit, it takes me like 15-20 minutes just to farm that, then I hoof it on over to Abyssea - La Theine (or Altepa, whatever floats your boat) for mass murdering puks to get the eggs.

Despite it being easy though, I don't mind that they're adding it to a vendor for those times where I'm in a hurry and just need to grab some to go. I hope they make the price fairly decent so the market doesn't go kaput, but not up to current gouge-levels. Currently it's ridiculous, and the only reason I haven't jumped on the gil train is because I'm too lazy to craft more than four stacks at a time. XD
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Exactly what I do, Kensagaku. Spend an hour in Xarcabard-S/Abyssea, walk out with half an inventory full of Thetas. You're good for the month.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well we can say goodbye to the pet food market.

Pet Food Theta is 2k/biscuit, or 24k/stack. Considering that same stack runs for about 80k on the AH on Valefor still... ouch. XD Good thing I don't craft for profit, I suppose. Yay quick to grab food?
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

I am all for crafters making a profit but it was ridiculous. It was like 100K a stack on Asura. So I am not sad that the price has come down. At. All.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I am all for crafters making a profit but it was ridiculous. It was like 100K a stack on Asura. So I am not sad that the price has come down. At. All.
    Look at what a stack of ruszor meat and a stack of puk eggs costs. On my server, which is much less populated than Asura, and thus will have lower prices generally, (with the 80k a stack Theta cost), both of those were 50k a stack respectively. That means each synth roughly costs 9k a piece at current prices. That means if you're skilling up you need at least 27k to break even. If you're well above the cap and make on average half a stack a synth, you would need to make 18k, meaning you'll probably move on the bigger and better profit venues.

On Asura it's even worse, the price of each is 60k a stack, meaning even someone with a great HQ rate is going to be costing roughly 22k per stack at current prices. Would that be worth your time compared to what you can make farming?

This may crash the market for ruszor meat and puk eggs. But I guess if you're not farming currency or doing skirmish you're not doing it right these days?

I suppose it could be worse, this isn't universal ninja tools that aren't craftable.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Look at what a stack of ruszor meat and a stack of puk eggs costs. On my server, which is much less populated than Asura, and thus will have lower prices generally, (with the 80k a stack Theta cost), both of those were 50k a stack respectively. That means each synth roughly costs 9k a piece at current prices. That means if you're skilling up you need at least 27k to break even. If you're well above the cap and make on average half a stack a synth, you would need to make 18k, meaning you'll probably move on the bigger and better profit venues.

On Asura it's even worse, the price of each is 60k a stack, meaning even someone with a great HQ rate is going to be costing roughly 22k per stack at current prices. Would that be worth your time compared to what you can make farming?

This may crash the market for ruszor meat and puk eggs. But I guess if you're not farming currency or doing skirmish you're not doing it right these days?

I suppose it could be worse, this isn't universal ninja tools that aren't craftable.
    I'd rather SE make Thetas cheap via NPC. What's the alternative? Make cooking skill ups easier? Besides, I don't enjoy farming materials when I need quick pet food to go.

Edit: I'd rather SE nerf profit from single recipes than nerf the craft as a whole.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast