Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

What made the dev team think this event was a good idea?

I know! Let's get the entire server to attack 1 monster and make them perform numerous skillchains on it in less than a minute!

What were they thinking? It is practically impossible to complete these objectives with so many people just spamming weaponskills mindlessly..
    (9)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There's also about 30 afk or autoattack only people sitting in the area for each one and it seems that they all add the the objectives needed. The one i'm at has been at 19% for over 4 hours.
    (2)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    whats the strategy for the event how do you do it?
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yes the AFKers count towards the objective totals...

Morovich...the idea is that people band together to complete the objectives that pop up. You generally get 60s to complete either a set amount of WSs (10 WSs are added to the total for each player in range of the Behemoth) set number of SCs or set number of speciifc element SCs. The behemoth is only damageable after completing an objective and only for a short time. Once 10-15 people show up the only reasonable objective to complete is the total WSs one but people AFK near the Behemoth or stand there autoattacking so it's impossible to hit the WS count. You have 60s for the objective and you can do a WS every 6s so if someone is AFK or just autoattacking you CANNOT hit the target.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    On this one in Gustaberg the total WS objective has been sitting at 130...we've been managing 50 WSs out of 130 on a GOOD attempt...it's rediculous.
    (0)

Character
    Kenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Worst Event in the 13 years of FFXI.
    (8)

Character
    Skyrant
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Either we have not figured out how to do this or SE are massive trolls. This event was doomed from the start because 90% of the population does not even know what Skillchains are any more. You ruined that a long time ago SE, stop cramming it down our throats now with every patch!

On that note, don't make events where you need people to work together when you made the game completely solo-able easy mode in the last couple of years. The ADD mobile generation does not read, does not group and surely does not understand complex Skillchains.

1. The total number of WS is a troll objective. Impossible to do no matter how many people as it scales and even if everyone spams, no afk, 60sec is not enough.
    2. The X random WS is a troll objective. Impossible to do even if just 2 people try it because of the timing and NPC spamming to mess it up.
    3. The X specific WS is a troll objective too. Never seen anyone make it for same reasons as #2.

In fact, i have not seen a single one succeed except due to incredible lucky random WS chains. The 3 Behemoth on Asura are up for 8h now and sitting at 49 and 29%. People just afk now hoping for some miracle win.

Good job SE.
    (1)
    Last edited by Skyrant_Kangaroomouse; 05-17-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    Is 20 dmg for the hit like 30 dmg if a RNG shoots?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
    How i mine for fish?
    Try BST BST COR GEO WHM BRD You can melee and fight with your pet..

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    The total WS objective is easy if no one is AFK. You have 60s and it only takes 6s to WS. Depending on timing you can actually fit 11 WSs into the 60s...Ive completed this objective a few times. The specific objective can be a pain because of the NPCs but the total SCs one works fine as long as there isn't 20+ people there just spamming. A SAM can solo both the SC ones even when the number is up at 8-9. The problem is getting everyone else to stop spamming.
    (0)

Character
    Skyrant
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I saw a few SAM try after we got everyone to stop spamming. Not going to happen. Konzen works but self skill-chaining never worked. Maybe our Behemoths are bugged but i doubt it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Skyrant_Kangaroomouse; 05-17-2015 at 11:05 AM.
    Is 20 dmg for the hit like 30 dmg if a RNG shoots?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
    How i mine for fish?
    Try BST BST COR GEO WHM BRD You can melee and fight with your pet..

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    SAM here only failed to do the 7 Indurations because some dummy was still spamming Sunburst thorugh the entire objective.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast