Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by InpendingDeath View Post
    Can anyone confirm or is this a troll post? I could try in a hour or two to enter AR2 a second time for the day and post back results. Maybe he went in right before and after JP midnight and is just confused because many saying you cannot do multiple runs in the same zone.
    i can honestly say there is no troll post here, as i've questioned it myself, i was wondering where the 24hr lockout was, i mean, i'll try again at the weekend to see if i was right, but i do remember doing 3 runs, as i went arappago, bhaflau, arrapago, bhaflau, arrapago. Was weird so i thought they removed it w/o saying anything
    (0)

Character
    Jeanpaul
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Farming alexandrite aside, the lock-out on Arrapago also greatly slows down the mythic weapon Magian Trials for defeating Armored Chariot 3 times. It's bearable, but frustrating.
    (0)

Due to the fact that Arrapago zones are extremely popular and cause server load, countermeasures were implemented to reduce congestion. We think it'll be difficult to remove this restriction at this time; however, we'll observe the instance server situation while looking into this. In the mean time we would like players to try out the other Salvage zones while Arrapago's restrictions are still in place.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It kinda invalidates the reduced time on tags if you have to wait a day.
    (2)

For one zone only though, all the others can be spammed upon tag refresh.
    If you are ok with a lower Alex yield per run. (Don't have a choice but to accept this at the moment.)

That said, it would be nice if the Devs could take a looksie into giving all 4 zones an equal Alexandrite yield.
    (7)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-22-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Due to the fact that Arrapago zones are extremely popular and cause server load, countermeasures were implemented to reduce congestion. We think it'll be difficult to remove this restriction at this time; however, we'll observe the instance server situation while looking into this. In the mean time we would like players to try out the other Salvage zones while Arrapago's restrictions are still in place.
    As others have mentioned, it really would make more sense to balance the reward of each zone against eachother, and/or otherwise make adjustments so that people won't mind doing a different zone if one is too packed.

A warp between each of the four entrances could facilitate this, though that's probably asking a lot ;p
    (2)

I'm fairly sure the actual potential yield is fairly balanced between all 4 zones, it's just easier to max in Arrapago with less effort. so that said it isn't just a matter of increasing the drop rate in the other zones, they would actually have to change the content itself. I can certainly see why they would be disinclined to do that. not that it matters, if 1 zone is even slightly easier than the other 3, and I can guarantee you that will always be the case, then it will be the zone people use and they will say the other 3 are "broken". people not liking something doesn't make it "broken" just "unpopular", and occasionally a pain in the backside.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I'm fairly sure the actual potential yield is fairly balanced between all 4 zones, it's just easier to max in Arrapago with less effort. so that said it isn't just a matter of increasing the drop rate in the other zones, they would actually have to change the content itself. I can certainly see why they would be disinclined to do that. not that it matters, if 1 zone is even slightly easier than the other 3, and I can guarantee you that will always be the case, then it will be the zone people use and they will say the other 3 are "broken". people not liking something doesn't make it "broken" just "unpopular", and occasionally a pain in the backside.

I agree with this statement, not all the zones are broken, just different. I managed to actually get 240 pieces from BRII. Best run to date.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Prrsha
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    For one zone only though, all the others can be spammed upon tag refresh.
    If you are ok with a lower Alex yield per run. (Don't have a choice but to accept this at the moment.)

That said, it would be nice if the Devs could take a looksie into giving all 4 zones an equal Alexandrite yield.
    I'd have to agree. Or add something new (a new carrot) to the other 4 zones. Once added, others will follow and your server congestion problem is solved.

Ahem, on another note... would a server merge help to add more server equipment for the zone load or are they spoken for?
    (0)
    Fissssh! It's what's for dinner! :9

Prrroud founder of MithraPride on Phoenix 2004.

Character
    Tabban
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prrsha View Post
    I'd have to agree. Or add something new (a new carrot) to the other 4 zones. Once added, others will follow and your server congestion problem is solved.

Ahem, on another note... would a server merge help to add more server equipment for the zone load or are they spoken for?
    What about adding a repeatable RoE quest that rewarded a significant amount of alex (enough to make it worthwhile to actually do, not enough to get a mythic in a day) for clearing all of the salvage zones? It would encourage people to complete all of them before circling back to Arrapago and probably clear up some of the congestion, without requiring massive retooling of any of the actual zones.
    (2)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast