Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taban View Post
    What about adding a repeatable RoE quest that rewarded a significant amount of alex (enough to make it worthwhile to actually do, not enough to get a mythic in a day) for clearing all of the salvage zones? It would encourage people to complete all of them before circling back to Arrapago and probably clear up some of the congestion, without requiring massive retooling of any of the actual zones.
    they could also make it something you could do with copper vouchers, or if they add another tier of vouchers, i.e. trade 1 voucher for an alex sack. not sure what would be an acceptable sack yield without knowing the difficulty of the content to acquire it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Prrsha View Post
    Ahem, on another note... would a server merge help to add more server equipment for the zone load or are they spoken for?
    It won't, those loading times have to do with the fact that bandwith is capped at Dialup speed, upping that however would likely bring other risks along.

Quote Originally Posted by Taban View Post
    without requiring massive retooling of any of the actual zones.
    Actually the easiest retooling they can do is change the Cerberus' and Orthrus' mechanics in Bhaflau.
    Bhaflau II itself is extremely easy to speed run with an almost similar Alex yield to Arrapago, the big blockers here however are the bosses with their damage resistance mechanic which make it that only 3 jobs (from the top of my head) can comfortably kill these.
    And 2 of those jobs need very specific conditions.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-27-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    It won't, those loading times have to do with the fact that bandwith is capped at Dialup speed, upping that however would likely bring other risks along.

Actually the easiest retooling they can do is change the Cerberus' and Orthrus' mechanics in Bhaflau.
    Bhaflau II itself is extremely easy to speed run with an almost similar Alex yield to Arrapago, the big blockers here however are the bosses with their damage resistance mechanic which make it that only 3 jobs (from the top of my head) can comfortably kill these.
    any job with an elemental WS or requiescat (or can skillchain with themself) can beat cerb/orthrus easily. I see 8 jobs that can get requiescat. And more than that have access to elemental WSs.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not sure why they can't just remove the lockout but keep a tighter limit on the amount of active Arrapago instances up (assuming that was what was causing server issues).

I don't think people would mind if a zone was just popular and therefore they would have to wait a bit if they wanted to run it. A lot of content in this game has stuff like that, particularly if it's currently the new hot thing (*points at the yztarg + Siren fights in RoV*) so players are used to it.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

thf/rdm, when I get to the bosses I rudra them once then pull out a sword and use sanguine blade. It takes a while to kill but I normally finish the zone in about an hour.
    (0)

How long of that is spent on the cerbs?
    Just out of curiosity.

(A Bhaf II takes me ~30 minutes, usually a bit less.)
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    A lot of time is spent on the cerbs probably like 20 minutes. It might go faster once I get max mab augs on my taeon.

Edit: Also gear rooms will probably take longer for me than say a blu which could just use Subduction a few times.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ulth; 05-29-2015 at 11:25 AM.

~10 min per dog is what I'd personally call uncomfortably long, 5~6 minutes is my definition of a comfortable kill.

As for the Gears rooms, apart from Blue mage and maybe Black mage I don't see any other job clearing those quickly.
    I usually clear them in 5~6 minutes each gathering the gears in 2 bacthes per room and killing them with 3~4 Thundersparks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-29-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Whatever, I'm not in any danger of dying, and I like playing thf. And it's not surprising that smn and blu can get though salvage faster.
    (0)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    ~10 min per dog is what I'd personally call uncomfortably long, 5~6 minutes is my definition of a comfortable kill.

As for the Gears rooms, apart from Blue mage and maybe Black mage I don't see any other job clearing those quickly.
    I usually clear them in 5~6 minutes each gathering the gears in 2 bacthes per room and killing them with 3~4 Thundersparks.
    on RDM they take me 2-3 minutes. I gather them all together at once and Circle Blade them.

Dogs take 2-3 minutes as well.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast