Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Could we add a mute function?

Sometimes I like to have music and sound effects on, like when I'm doing an event, or when I'm going through cutscenes for a quest or mission. I turn the volume for music and sound effects all the way down if I want it off, but it would be nice to have a text command that could turn off music or sound effects in one step.
    (6)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Definitely support this suggestion. I probably turn the music up and down at least 3 or 4 times per play session (even more so considering there's still a lot I haven't seen or done, being a relative new player, thus turning the music back up when I discover a new area or get close to a new cutscene.) Being able to type a short mute command or even set it as a macro would be great.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I turn the volume for music and sound effects all the way down if I want it off, but it would be nice to have a text command that could turn off music or sound effects in one step.
    I hate it when I walk into a cutscene and I realize I have turned my music off, and now can't turn it back on until the CS is over.

Since this might never happen, you can mute individual applications in modern versions of Windows, in case you want to mute FFXI and unmute it again when you're in a CS.
    (1)