Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Escha needs assistance

It's a neat idea but on my server Escha is incredibly crowded. There are not enough monsters to sustain everyone who wants to farm silt. No one wants to make a party to farm silt because more players lower the xp gained and less xp is less silt. Furthermore each of your current camps can be easily cleared (and kept empty) by a single well geared 119 player.

I think the easiest fix here would be to lower the respawn time of the enemies, but another fix might be to increase the level of the enemies we find. Things seem to cost a fair bit of silt and so I think many players will be farming Escha for quite a while.
    (6)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'd definitely like to echo these comments about the new content. The congestion in the new area is pretty horrible, and I felt like a jerk whenever I'd outclaim someone on a mob instead of being able to team up with them.

I understand they're trying to aim for FFXI to be more solo friendly, but I fail to see why they are essentially punishing players for teaming up to farm silt in this new content. Exp takes a horrible dive after adding just one person to your party. The sense of unity within FFXI is slowly being ripped away with these new updates. Players should not be penalized for teaming up, but rewarded, especially if they want veterans to ever team up with new/returning players.

One of the main problem I have with this is that you can't pop the new NMs solo; you HAVE to have 3 people and everyone has to have the 1k Silt KI and pop KI. So despite silt farming favoring soloers, you still HAVE to team up with others to even start an NM fight. This is just a contradictory ideology when it comes to this new content and direction that FFXI is taking.

Solutions?
    -Add more mobs to the camps.
    -Adjust some mobs lvl to add higher lvl camps within the deeper parts of Zi'tah.
    -Reduce mob respawn timers.
    -Don't reduce exp while teaming up with other players or drastically reduce the penalty, at least up to a group of 6 like in Woh Gates, etc. Alternatively, provide a slight boost if teaming up with others (up to 6 people).
    (8)

Look at Dungeon Fighter Online, where you get an EXP multiplier for having party members, instead of a penalty for having them. Trusts give you the extra members, without the same penalty real players give you, and that just makes no sense to making the game more accessible. If cooperation is the goal, why make a penalty for cooperating?
    (7)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    was thinking they could at least split zone, Do like Escha- A, and a Escha-B. So you could check which one has fewer people. adding this much content to single zone with the expectation of more people returning to game was a bad move.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I can see why there is an exp penalty with having more people in the party, so I recommend that just the silt receives a multiplier based on the # of people. For example, let's say you solo kill a mob and it gives you 10,000 exp and so you get 100 silt. If you have two people in party you would get 6,000 exp each and 60 silt each. So while we could have the exp still have a penalty (as it should be) for multiple people, add the following multipliers to silt based on the same multiplier for exp penalty:

# of party members silt multiplier
    1----------------------------------1
    2----------------------------------5/3
    3----------------------------------20/9
    4----------------------------------5/2
    5----------------------------------100/37
    6----------------------------------20/7

As you can see, with two people in our example (60 silt)(5/3)=100, the same as a solo player. This way, regardless of exp gained due to # of party members' penalty, everyone will receive the same amount of silt.
    (2)

The development team realizes that there is a lack of monsters currently for players that are level 99 and above, and as such we will be adding higher level monsters in the June version update.

We are also planning to make adjustments to the acquisition rate of Silt while in a party, so please look forward to this.
    (11)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Thank you so much! That will help a lot.
    (1)

Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The development team realizes that there is a lack of monsters currently for players that are level 99 and above, and as such we will be adding higher level monsters in the June version update.

We are also planning to make adjustments to the acquisition rate of Silt while in a party, so please look forward to this.
    Does this just mean we'll have Escha - RoMaeve with higher level monsters? Or you're actually going to add iLvl119+ monsters in this zone?
    (0)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

Character
    Johnb
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Can you please fix harvesting as well? The drop rate for Gravewood Logs is terribly low and there are not enough points up at one time.
    (0)

Hello!

Based on everyone’s feedback we will be making a variety of adjustments to Escha - Zi’Tah and Geas Fete in the June version update to make it more enjoyable.
    • More monsters that yield Escha Silt
      We’ll be adding monsters to Escha - Zi’Tah so level 99 players can obtain more Escha Silt. Additionally, we’ll be adding a system that will speed up the respawning times for monsters depending on the number of players in the area and how quickly monsters are defeated.

• Easing of the experience point modifier when playing in a party
      We’ll be applying the same adjustments made to Adoulin areas to Escha - Zi’Tah so that you can earn more experience points when playing in a party. Since Escha Silt is linked to the amount of experience points earned, it will be possible to obtain more when defeating monsters as a party.

• Easing of the Tribulens price increase
      We’ll be easing the price increase of Tribulens when you continue to buy them in a short time period and making it easier to challenge Geas Fete in succession up to a certain amount of times.

• Easing of the requirements for certain grisly trinkets
      We’ll be changing the requirements for certain grisly trinkets and reducing the number of required items to purchase them.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast