Character
    Tillisu
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

The handle '(Myname)' is already linked to 8 Content IDs. Display handle list?

Sorry for my bad english.

I have 8 active content IDs, but today i can´t log in.

When I try to log into FFXI always comes following message:

The handle 'MyHandle' is already linked to 8 Content IDs. Display handle list?

I tried many things, but no one is working. I used google and many sites says, create a new handle an link your IDs on the new handle.
    But when i try to log in comes this message:

There is a Content ID that is not linked to a handle. Link Content ID to the current active handle "MyNewHandle"?

Tried many things, but same here, nothing works...

Can anyone help me?
    (0)

PlaytOnline Viewer can allow you to have four handles, which each have their own friend list. Each handle can be linked to only 8 Content IDs, so if you have 9 character slots, you need to manually link the IDs to handles so that all are linked and you have no more than 8 IDs per handle. Otherwise you will keep getting the error. Handles are accessed from the additional menu you need to bring up inside PlayOnline Viewer. I can't remember the keyboard button for it right now.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Tillisu
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    But i only have 8 Content IDs and these for a long time, but today comes this error. I don´t find a working solution.

Edit:

I dont know why, but there are 8 unnamed Content IDs in linked these to the handle and it works.

Thanks
    (0)
    Last edited by Tillisu; 05-15-2015 at 05:56 AM.

You had 8 inactive character slots, that maybe you activated at one point and never filled with characters. If they are unnamed, you have the slot empty. You may want to check that you aren't being billed $15 extra for the month for the IDs.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I had the same thing, just go to the link screen they offer and make a new link id, same name is fine, then link the other names to the new one. Hope that makes sense, but it worked for me, had this happen a few years ago. I also kicked a couple of names which were not really needed.
    (0)

Character
    Tillisu
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I don´t pay for these 8 noname IDs.
    I think the problem was the "return home to vana´diel" campaign from 15th to 25th may. maybe this reactivetes my very old deleted IDs.
    (0)