Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Rhapsody Update: Mythics Easier/Relics Harder?

Was just reading through the notes while I wait for the patch to download on my 360, and I think those Rhapsodies in Azure KIs are going to make, as the title says, Mythics a whole lot easier, and Relics quite a bit harder.

Mythics being easier is easy enough to explain: You're getting tags faster than you can use them, so you can earn Assault Points quickly, and can spam Salvage faster. You might have to fight to get in Arrapago II, but that just means I'll go to Bhaflau II with my BLU. Einherjar didn't get the player cap removal, but you can still spam for Ichor fairly easily with a 3-6 man group zerging it down before the 10 minute timer runs out.

Relics on the other hand could get kind of ugly. Being able to go into Dynamis, seemingly as soon as you get out, fights for mobs will get a mite nasty I'd think. (I am so glad I finished my Aegis a year ago)

Any opinions?
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That is true. On the other hand, if you go in a Dynamis zone and you find out it's too packed... you can always just try again later, or look in a different zone.
    (1)

Player
    For what it's worth, had this debate before, it doesn't directly make farming the number of items, (nor the number of items needed) any "easier" however, because it unlimits the amount of time the items can be farmed, it will likely be easier to buy the buyable parts, and it will most assuredly be faster, just important for me to note that it's still the same amount of SOMEONE's effort going into each relic/mythic etc, though that effort may not be the buyer's. I personally am pretty happy with this resolution, and I hope some sort of ease of access comes down the lines for Empys in some way, at the very least improving the spawn rate/number of spawns/upgrade rate for the colorless soul dropping mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    For what it's worth, had this debate before, it doesn't directly make farming the number of items, (nor the number of items needed) any "easier" however, because it unlimits the amount of time the items can be farmed, it will likely be easier to buy the buyable parts, and it will most assuredly be faster, just important for me to note that it's still the same amount of SOMEONE's effort going into each relic/mythic etc, though that effort may not be the buyer's. I personally am pretty happy with this resolution, and I hope some sort of ease of access comes down the lines for Empys in some way, at the very least improving the spawn rate/number of spawns/upgrade rate for the colorless soul dropping mobs.
    Oh I agree. It's still going to be a slog (need just under 17k alex and 26 more assaults on my Terpsichore), but at least it's one where I can spam Salvage on my days off, and not have to say "I need to do it now or miss out" or such. When you need Assault Points, you can just spam really easy Assault missions like Saving Private Ryaaf or the like, and so on and so forth.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Reposting from elsewhere with slight alteration:

Sorry, what changed? You still have to complete all 50 assaults, get captain, finish ToAU, kill Odin, kill the beastmen leaders, kill the Salvage Bosses, get 100k Ichor, 150k Tokens, redo all 50 assaults, and get 30k Alex.

NONE of the requirements have changed. The ONLY thing that changed is that they are no longer behind retarded time gates. Now, if someone says, "I'd like to sit down and do 10 assaults today in the time I have to play", they can. Or "I'd like to spend 4 hours of my day running 3 salvages", they can.

If you're gonna *** about anything, *** about making the assaults and Nyzul easier.

Relic Holders don't even get to say anything about Dynamis, considering how unspecial relics are these days. Having a relic is no longer "wow, how awesome, that's so hard to get", it's now "wow, that person spent 80 million gil buying currency out of people's bazaars".

To reiterate: Getting a mythic has not been "hard" or "challenging" for some time now. Getting a relic hasn't been for even longer.

The thing that so many people think of as what makes them "difficult", "hard", or "challenging" is not the difficulty of the content, nor the amount of content that must be done. It's the "we want to stretch this ***out as long as possible so LoL enjoy only being able to do X once a day."
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    currency price is gonna drop fast
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

By reducing the time restrictions on reentry and replenishing tags, they have eliminated the mandatory 50+ day requirement to make a Mythic if you do the activities every ay. Now if you have the gil, you can buy all the Alexandrite, and the rest of the process can be done in a few days of playtime. The biggest complaint about Mythics was that it took 50+ days per Mythic, because of having to do 50 Assaults for every single one.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I look at dynamis as win or win. If it's not crowded you can go in and farm longer. If it is too crowded chances are prices will crash and you were probably better off buying them anyways
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    By reducing the time restrictions on reentry and replenishing tags, they have eliminated the mandatory 50+ day requirement to make a Mythic if you do the activities every ay. Now if you have the gil, you can buy all the Alexandrite, and the rest of the process can be done in a few days of playtime. The biggest complaint about Mythics was that it took 50+ days per Mythic, because of having to do 50 Assaults for every single one.
    Nothing stopped anyone from buying all the alexandrite before. Your entire argument is "it was never hard, it just took a long time, not because it was hard, but because you were forced to wait".

It takes the exact same amount of man hours to make a mythic today and it did yesterday. Just now, instead of being forced to spread it over months, you can do it more quickly.
    (0)