Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Eh it's not that bad. On easy things it wont really matter and on harder stuff going to lvl 99 even for less than a second is a pretty huge risk not to mention so would the risk of lag/macro misfire leaving you at 99 when the move actually goes off
    Yeah it wouldn't matter if it stacked with charmer's as the level adjustment on the pet would make it pretty worthless.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Trulusia
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Most skilled BSTs already use /WHM or /SCH. You don't lock Charmers into the off hand anyway, it's just a precast piece. Now that Arktoi exists, you do lose out on a pretty heft chunk of ACC, or a small amount of TP bonus/MAB/MACC/ATK/Whatever your offhand is giving you. But generally speaking, the survivability of /mage outweighs the benefits of /nin or /dnc most of the time.

With good timing the momentary loss of pet level isn't really an issue.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think the bottom line is that we're not incentivized to use shields to benefit from Fencer, which includes a poor selection of shields and a very poor shield skill (300 skill cap!).
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VahnEris View Post
    Most skilled BSTs already use /WHM or /SCH. You don't lock Charmers into the off hand anyway, it's just a precast piece. Now that Arktoi exists, you do lose out on a pretty heft chunk of ACC, or a small amount of TP bonus/MAB/MACC/ATK/Whatever your offhand is giving you. But generally speaking, the survivability of /mage outweighs the benefits of /nin or /dnc most of the time.

With good timing the momentary loss of pet level isn't really an issue.
    Depends on the situation but sure if you time it it wont be disastrous. On the other hand the amount of delay involved with moves combined timing in there would likely make it pretty hard to ride a 10 second timer which I think was the fear idea behind the shield.
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I do use Fencer when going in dynamis areas with restricted subjob. I really do not mind the bonus.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't play bst so I really don't know: would it be a good idea to treat bst shields as they do SMN satchets? Which is to say, add things delay- and pet level + ?
    (0)

If SE were to make a shield that had "JA Range +10, ready delay -5, pet level +1" on it.... It would go a long way toward many retired BST resubscribing.

Make it reachable in the same way Aegis is though, add it as a relic-shield for BST and make us work for it farming Dynamis. Something any BST could attain with some work, not some HELM nonsense.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jile; 05-26-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Hi, everyone!

As the Fencer trait has the ability to boost damage, and there are those that are currently using it for this purpose, changing or removing it would lead to a negative experience for those users.
    As such, we do not have any plans for adjustments to it at this time.

In addition to that, in terms of adjustments for beastmaster, we're not currently looking into boosting their damage any further at the moment.

That said, we will continue to look into your feedback regarding beastmaster so please be sure to keep it coming!
    (4)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    What bst is actually using fencer? What about reduced timers like smn is getting?
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hi, everyone!

As the Fencer trait has the ability to boost damage, and there are those that are currently using it for this purpose, changing or removing it would lead to a negative experience for those users.
    As such, we do not have any plans for adjustments to it at this time.

In addition to that, in terms of adjustments for beastmaster, we're not currently looking into boosting their damage any further at the moment.

That said, we will continue to look into your feedback regarding beastmaster so please be sure to keep it coming!
    Sicyre, welcome to the community team.

As you described yourself as a long time player of XI in another post I would like to implore you as a fellow player of this wonderful game and extend to SE's development team that there really needs to be a better implementation method for the nerf that was applied to BST for our Job Ability range. A simple, we have no plans, frankly is a slap in the face and I'm hoping for something more respectful.

Honestly, Fencer, isn't used. Those who do use it, use it as a novelty one-off, at best.

The change that was made to BST's JA's, taking us to a 7 yalm tether to the front of the mob we're fighting, was not a solution, it was another slap in the face. I don't want more damage, in fact I'm fine with a solution that lowers damage when in effect. A job ability similar to 'avatars favor' that SMN has and would extend our JA range to 15 yalms (effectively double what it is now and still around 1/2 what it was when the band-wagoners were playing) while also cutting our damage from pet moves in 1/2 while in effect.

Can we move past the non-issue of adjusting Fencer, as BST don't have shield's worth using so they don't use a shield nor benefit from whatever adjustments are made to Fencer? If a new, amazing and usable shield isn't going to be released, then for all intents and purposes the Fencer trait can be removed from BST entirely and the perhaps 3 or 4 people total across all world servers that are using this trait are frankly not in the realm of the majority regardless and we shouldn't be punished for their use of our main job.

So, since you're reading and replying to this thread, I again implore you to express this to the Development team so we can address issues that need adjustment over those that are not a remedy to any actual problem the real BST player-base cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    What bst is actually using fencer? What about reduced timers like smn is getting?
    Precisely. 99.995% of BST are not using fencer.... so the response from SE is bizarre at best.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast