Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Beastmaster don't really use Fencer, right? Let's get rid of it.

I just saw that BST Gifts Job Points @ 500 = Fencer effect bonus.

Beastmasters don't use Fencer and in fact, dual wield 100% of the time.

Alternatively, if you want to keep Fencer on BST...can you give us a higher cap of Shield skill than 300?

Either way, it seems unnecessarily weak.

If you insist on BST main-hand 1 weapon + shield, can have a better BST shield? Perhaps with Ready/Sic recast -10? .....or even Ochain?

Thank you.
    (6)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Fencer would have been great at 75 ...but not now. Not anymore.

Honest question:

How are BSTs supposed to make use Fencer (Mainhand + shield) when dual-wielding two weapons is much more productive for a BST?

Weapons like Charmer's Merlin make wearing a shield and for Fencer ....a very poor choice.

Also, Beastmasters only have 300 shield skill @ 99.

Can someone please explain to me why BST is expected by SE to use Fencer?

Please give us something to work with if you want us to use Fencer: give us a shield with better sic/ready timer, more pet stats, higher shield skill...hell, even Ochain....because as it stands, Beastmaster shields and Fencer are a terrible, terrible option.
    (1)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They gave BST Fencer for the same reason they gave RDM Shield Mastery (RDM has the lowest shield rating in the game btw, caps at 265), purely for trolling purposes.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well at one time actually wielding an axe for master dmg was actually decent. And SE thought how do we get people to not /nin every time they use 1hd weapons and came up with fencer. In theory with high enough fencer and ws that scales well with tp and decent shield options it could be very good. Like for example war with all it's fencer, and traits in it and such and that new blurred shield can do amazing things with savage blade. But since bst doesn't get as much fencer, gets crap for shields, has to use axe ws which didn't really get much in the 1hd ws update it's not so great especially when compared to maxing out your jug options which were recently increased. What they should do is apply that fencer to your pets
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    They gave BST Fencer for the same reason they gave RDM Shield Mastery (RDM has the lowest shield rating in the game btw, caps at 265), purely for trolling purposes.
    Wow....trolling indeed
    (0)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Beatific Shield +1. That's pretty much the only shield I carry on BST, and it certainly isn't blocking anything worthwhile with my "beastly" 300 skill.

I'd suggest a shield with "'Sic' and 'Ready' ability delay -5." Then you can get rid of Charmer's Merlin.
    (2)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    At least it's something like "Steal cooldown -.05 seconds" on BST, which I could see them doing because they hate us.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm bumping my original thread, because it seems Beastmaster continues to get Fencer augments from job point Gifts.

However, Beastmaster shield is still capped @300 skill and no new shields have appeared to incentive Beasmaster to use a one-handed weapon.

SE, can you help balance this issue for us? Fencer is being augment but our skill and available items has not been modified ...ever.
    (4)

Character
    Jopa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Should the Fencer gifts be replaced by Familiar Magic Accuracy/Magic Evasion Bonus? BST pets are the only ones who don't get those from gifts (minus SMN and M.Acc.).
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jopa-Sopa View Post
    Should the Fencer gifts be replaced by Familiar Magic Accuracy/Magic Evasion Bonus? BST pets are the only ones who don't get those from gifts (minus SMN and M.Acc.).
    I would take anything over Fencer at this point
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast