Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'd take a reason to use fencer... ie make it so using a shield doesn't completely cripple the job
    (5)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'd take a reason to use fencer... ie make it so using a shield doesn't completely cripple the job
    I agree completely.
    (2)

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I've posted this before a long time ago, but SE could you please add more latent abilities to BST's Fencer.

I propose one of two things:

Add shields that not only benefit the "Master" but also the "Pet".
    When it bottom lines, BST's pets are just as or more important in certain scenarios than the Master themselves.
    When a BST can get Pet: Regen +2 x2 with Dual Axes or Attack and Accuracy +40 on Dual Axes, they are not going to use a Shield with "Enhances Killer Effects". It's just not going to happen. NIN or DNC is going to be the primary option for most BSTs.

Add latent effects to the Fencer trait such as:
    Pet: Accuracy +xx
    Pet: Attack +xx
    Pet: Critical hit rate +xx
    Pet: Critical hit damage+xx
    Crit hit rate+xx
    Crit hit damage+xx
    TP bonus + ?

xx = the current level of the Beastmaster so: Tier 1 starts at 5 and 5% for crit ratings, Tier 2 goes 11 and 7%, Tier 3 goes 15 and 9%, Tier 4 goes 20 and 11%, Tier 5 goes 25 and 15%
    ? = Tier'd as so +50, + 150, +200, + 250, + 300.

(Does not include Fencer bonuses from Job Points)
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'd take anything, literally anything at this point.
    (0)

Adding latent pet effects to fencer is actually a great idea. Really either SE needs to swap out fencer for a more useful job trait (dual wield would be nice) or change fencer to be better and add better shields (and give us better shield skills... omg)

To be honest I haven't used beast for months and months now I've totally given up on it.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Replace Fencer with Dual Wield please. It's rather annoying to effectively be locked down to two total viable subjobs.
    Native DW could be enough of an improvement in master+pet damage vs pet-only that it might actually be not-crazy to consider it as an option for most players.
    (3)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Replace Fencer with Dual Wield please. It's rather annoying to effectively be locked down to two total viable subjobs.
    Native DW could be enough of an improvement in master+pet damage vs pet-only that it might actually be not-crazy to consider it as an option for most players.
    Especially considering other jobs that are more or less locked into 1hd meleeing get native dw.... or in plds case great shielding
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Sounds like we want 1 of the following:

1.) Latent Pet effects to Fencer (like Acc/Atk/Crit-hit rate, etc).
    2.) Native Dual-Wield. (This would open up so many subjob possibilities, like BST/WHM from ages ago! Remember, BST shield is absolutely terrible both in skill level and shield choices. Just abysmal! )

This sounds like fun...which is more than I can say for Beastmaster right now.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    Beatific Shield +1. That's pretty much the only shield I carry on BST, and it certainly isn't blocking anything worthwhile with my "beastly" 300 skill.

I'd suggest a shield with "'Sic' and 'Ready' ability delay -5." Then you can get rid of Charmer's Merlin.
    But uh, if you do that you might wanna make sure that it either doesn't stack with Charmer's Merlin or that the minimum delay for Ready is capped at 15, cuz, well, obvious reasons.

And I too agree that they should get dual wield natively, and their Ready/Sic range back, even if that means a nerf to damage to compensate, I understand why the nerf, but, it seems so ridiculous in practice, I wonder if square will ever learn, bsts still aren't meleeing on anything worthwhile, and it's hilarious/sad seeing JP parties space out the PLD and BSTs perfectly on one side and the other to let bsts still avoid some AoEs, you know, that thing they made the changes to fix which makes BST really awkward at times especially for soloing of all things, but they're still doing successfully.
    (1)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 05-06-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    But uh, if you do that you might wanna make sure that it either doesn't stack with Charmer's Merlin or that the minimum delay for Ready is capped at 15, cuz, well, obvious reasons.
    Eh it's not that bad. On easy things it wont really matter and on harder stuff going to lvl 99 even for less than a second is a pretty huge risk not to mention so would the risk of lag/macro misfire leaving you at 99 when the move actually goes off
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast