Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Offical Give SMN Bahamut Avatar (As an ACTUALLY controllable Avatar) Thread

It's been really quiet here in the land of Summoners, and I think it's make a little bit of noise! With the winding down of the story elements of FFXI, I feel that this is as good as any time to get the last Terrestrial Avatar (That's actually 'alive' >_>; ). Bahamut has been on the wish list since he was originally debuted in CoP. But I don't want another Alexander or Odin. I want an Avatar that hits like a Truck and stands like a tank. It's time that he joined the battle to save the last light of Vana'diel!
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 05-12-2015 at 08:10 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    (0)

Doesn't mean they can't change their minds. If we keep bugging them, maybe they'll cave in :3
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Sure, right after they give pet th gear.
    (2)

Speaking as a summoner, no, I do not want Bahamut.
    Let it stay the mystical creature which no child of Altana will ever control, as for the Bahamut helping to "save Vana'diel" argument, have you even paid attention to the CoP storyline?
    His way of saving Vana'diel is turning every single sentient life form and its surroundings into a smoldering pile of ash and rubble.

Apart from that, and here's a BIG if, if he's at some point implemented as a summonable avatar he's going to be a disappointment. A huge one.
    His size will not even be half of when you face him in both the quest as well as the BCNM, in most dungeons his 90% of his body would be clipping through the ceiling.
    They are going to have to resize him, just as they did with Odin. And considering the size they'll have to shrink him to they may as well give him to Dragoons as their new Wyverns.
    He will not be controlable, sorry, no, stop dreaming, the lore simply will not allow this.
    He will at most be summonable in a similar fashion as Atomos but more likely only under the Astral Flow effect Like Odin and even if by a fluke he is able to do max damage as an astral flow pact, big deal! When fighting things that have 700k HP or more that really isn't going to make a big impact.

I rather use Astral flow for the 5~6 extra levels worth in stats thanks to the Job Points I put in it, which in the 210 seconds it lasts gives a far greater damage output, especially if paired with Conduit and a well timed Apogee.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-12-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Yes, Bahamut has always been out to kill everyone, but many of his lines are more of an Outsider looking in, questioning the true intentions of people. Ask why fight if you know you're going to die, and why bother if the outcomes going to be the same. I mean Diabolos is trying to 'save people' by sealing their consciousness in his realm of dreams. Bahamut's duty is one to save the Mothercrystals, so a bigger threat from something would then make it an alignment of necessity (The Enemy of my enemy.) I feel that the smaller size wouldn't bother me that much, Diabolos also clips through things, and they are more spiritual entity, and not necessarily true physical beings of themselves.

As for the TH thing, there are some work arounds... Sadly, not one that really helps BST
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Clearly what will happen is you use astral flow... he comes out recognizes what you are fight as a threat too... and AoEs everyone friend and foe
    (2)

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would preffer to see an update to Claustrum with +2 avatar lvl and something more
    (0)

Player
    Didn't anyone watch the version update preview? You're clearly getting Siren. (Which I'm stoked about, lets hope it's got some epic support ability.) Another niche bit of awesome like say, Earthen Armor would make Smns desired in more content which is all we can ask.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Didn't anyone watch the version update preview? You're clearly getting Siren. (Which I'm stoked about, lets hope it's got some epic support ability.) Another niche bit of awesome like say, Earthen Armor would make Smns desired in more content which is all we can ask.
    The video gave no indication that Siren is a summon, might be a rhapsodies mission boss. Otherwise I'd think the jp gaming press releases would list an important detail.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast