Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Double exp / job point campaigns.... Why?

Hello there SE, I just want to know what the point is nowadays in having a double exp/job points campaign? Since Job points were introduced i saw not that many parties going for cp, until the campaigns came, and boom, a surge of parties til the campaign ended, and then went quiet again.
    Now it just doesn't make sense to me why you won't make the double campaigns a permanent feature. As since the beginning of this year i think i've seen something like 4 campaigns in the past 5 months? Why just not make it permanent as everyone loves double cp these days and its much much slower without it. Job points are a grind without double campaigns and it just makes me think as to why they're needed when your doing them almost every other month...
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Make it permanent SE!
    (2)

Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah not many old school players left like me who did Meripo's to us it's not really a grind most of us mind. It's a old school system implemented in a new way. I think they do the double CP to satisfy you new players who came about during/after abyssea. Some people like EXP parties and if you did them right it wouldn't be much slower at all, just takes some knowledge to do so. They gave CP backs from incursion, CP +% gifts, made permanent CP+% via RoE, they gave us CP rings, they shortened recast of CP ring, given new trusts to do Corsair's Roll. They have made it permanent. Campaigns are just icing on the cake now. Maybe you should just ask them to log in your character and get them for you since they haven't done enough.

Also they have to keep campaigns going to keep population from dropping below 200, The only guy that knew how to server merge was moved to FFXIV a couple years back.
    (3)
    Last edited by InpendingDeath; 05-11-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by InpendingDeath View Post
    Yeah not many old school players left like me who did Meripo's to us it's not really a grind most of us mind. It's a old school system implemented in a new way. I think they do the double CP to satisfy you new players who came about during/after abyssea. Some people like EXP parties and if you did them right it wouldn't be much slower at all, just takes some knowledge to do so. They gave CP backs from incursion, CP +% gifts, made permanent CP+% via RoE, they gave us CP rings, they shortened recast of CP ring, given new trusts to do Corsair's Roll. They have made it permanent. Campaigns are just icing on the cake now. Maybe you should just ask them to log in your character and get them for you since they haven't done enough.

Also they have to keep campaigns going to keep population from dropping below 200, The only guy that knew how to server merge was moved to FFXIV a couple years back.
    I'll ask the same question I always ask when someone says something like this. Why not just do it without the rings and the capes and the ROE quests if you really want to spend your time doing something super slowly? Why is it only fun for you if everyone else suffers?
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I really enjoy the different campaigns. I really don't get to play that much anymore but its refreshing to come back from time to time and hit one of those double EXP and stuff. IMO if they would make the campaign permanent then after a little while it would be seen as just average gains then there will be people saying they want another boost and so on. It kinda ruins the extra benefits and special events if it was all the time.
    (1)