Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    I have SCH leveled and geared, I've also used staff WS extensively on WHM and SMN. I have yet to find a setup that will break 10k on any WS with no support. That picture was obviously under an extreme circumstance. Either heavily supported, or exploiting a specific mechanic (such as a primeval brew in either abbysea or walk of echos).
    The sch was solo and it wasn't a brew. Was on some NM that wasn't Abyssea or WoE. I remember looking the NM up to see if it took extra damage from certain types or just in general and there was no info it did. I don't remember which NM though, this was around when the MB update and WS adjustments happened so it's been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    Ok then. If that is all you are basing this thread on then nevermind. If you can indeed parse anywhere near a well played BLU then DRG has no problems whatsoever.*
    *no problems in damage dealing capacity that is
    The situation this happened in was with two Geo's, one of which had idris. I was also receiving Mighty Guard from the blu. The fights lasted only 60-90 seconds so most of the conditions were in my favor, at least more so than the blu. I would say JA delay removal on jumps and an increase to ws damage and we would probably be good. Also Shock spikes from Gungnir need to be fixed/changed to something else.
    (0)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 05-23-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    The sch was solo and it wasn't a brew. Was on some NM that wasn't Abyssea or WoE. I remember looking the NM up to see if it took extra damage from certain types or just in general and there was no info it did. I don't remember which NM though, this was around when the MB update and WS adjustments happened so it's been awhile.

The situation this happened in was with two Geo's, one of which had idris. I was also receiving Mighty Guard from the blu. The fights lasted only 60-90 seconds so most of the conditions were in my favor, at least more so than the blu. I would say JA delay removal on jumps and an increase to ws damage and we would probably be good. Also Shock spikes from Gungnir need to be fixed/changed to something else.
    The 119 III aftermath give shock spikes, +5% double attack, and +5% attack.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    The 119 III aftermath give shock spikes, +5% double attack, and +5% attack.
    I know, I have it. Still doesn't change that the shock spikes is complete garbage and probably the worst out of all the relic's. Besides, someone shouldn't have to spend 100+ mil after already upgrading the weapon multiple times just to make the aftermath useful.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm not understanding. Are you saying shock spikes, +5% double attack, and +5% attack is the worst relic aftermath, or that pre 119 III just shock spikes is the worst aftermath? Because pre 119 III Apocalypse had the worst aftermath, 10% gear haste.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm not understanding. Are you saying shock spikes, +5% double attack, and +5% attack is the worst relic aftermath, or that pre 119 III just shock spikes is the worst aftermath? Because pre 119 III Apocalypse had the worst aftermath, 10% gear haste.
    I meant pre 119 III

What are you talking about? That was a great aftermath, anyone that had an apoc had an aftermath set with less haste, more acc/atk/etc in it. Besides Cata alone even if it had no aftermath annihilates most other jobs relics added effects/aftermaths. Ignores shadows, ignores DT gear, heals you a good percentage of what it does in damage. I've never met a single Apoc owner that didn't like their aftermath.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It was great, key word being was, past tense. Once ilvl rolled around and everything had haste on it the aftermath gave absolutely nothing. Even with the Sulevia set which has uncharacteristically low haste for 119 armor can be brought up to cap with a belt. Anyway here is a thread with Apoc owner's being please about it changing from gear haste to ability haste.

So what are you talking about? If you think it's the worst aftermath pre 119 III, then who cares? Were you hoping they would change it to just +5% double attack and +5% attack instead of all three?
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It was great, key word being was, past tense. Once ilvl rolled around and everything had haste on it the aftermath gave absolutely nothing. Even with the Sulevia set which has uncharacteristically low haste for 119 armor can be brought up to cap with a belt. Anyway here is a thread with Apoc owner's being please about it changing from gear haste to ability haste.

So what are you talking about? If you think it's the worst aftermath pre 119 III, then who cares? Were you hoping they would change it to just +5% double attack and +5% attack instead of all three?
    Only one belt in the game can cap them and you couldhave used a different belt with other beneficial stats on it while using Cata to cap. What I would like is for them to make the shock spikes stronger or replace them. Gungnir doesn't automatically come 119 III the second you finish it at 75 so it should have a useful aftermath. Honestly though, if they decided they will never fix it then yes, just completely remove the shock spikes aftermath from all versions of gungnir as it's just that useless. It never once had any sort of use, at any point in time ever, can't say that about Apoc's aftermath and it was still possible to find a way to use some of that haste I'm sure. And before you whine about Cata's aftermath some more, I would gladly trade all three parts of my aftermath for the Utility of Apoc's WS. So even if Apoc's AM was the most useless, the Utility of CATA is better then any other REMA WS

The thread is interesting, I guess having some extra haste only 25% of the time is better then figuring out a way to have it 100% of the time and adding additional stats into your set. It probably isn't possible to use the full 10% these days unless you are using the Ambuscade armor but I'm sure it's possible to make use of at least half of it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 05-25-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    Only one belt in the game can cap them and you couldhave used a different belt with other beneficial stats on it while using Cata to cap. What I would like is for them to make the shock spikes stronger or replace them. Gungnir doesn't automatically come 119 III the second you finish it at 75 so it should have a useful aftermath. Honestly though, if they decided they will never fix it then yes, just completely remove the shock spikes aftermath from all versions of gungnir as it's just that useless. It never once had any sort of use, at any point in time ever, can't say that about Apoc's aftermath and it was still possible to find a way to use some of that haste I'm sure. And before you whine about Cata's aftermath some more, I would gladly trade all three parts of my aftermath for the Utility of Apoc's WS. So even if Apoc's AM was the most useless, the Utility of CATA is better then any other REMA WS

The thread is interesting, I guess having some extra haste only 25% of the time is better then figuring out a way to have it 100% of the time and adding additional stats into your set. It probably isn't possible to use the full 10% these days unless you are using the Ambuscade armor but I'm sure it's possible to make use of at least half of it.
    That you would say I'm whining is hysterical. I don't have, or ever plan on having an Apocalypse. I only brought up a worst aftermath because of all your whinging about shock spikes. Which aren't even bad. They aren't supposed to deal a lot of damage they are supposed to stun mobs that attack you. When I'm fighting something with ice spikes I'm not thinking, man I'm taking like 15 damage every hit, I'm thinking damn I'm going to get paralyzed over and over again.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Except they don't stun mobs, ever. I mentioned it in one of my posts on this thread I think. When I was doing trials in my 80's or 90's they weren't even stunning kuftal tunnel crabs(which are weak to lightning though not sure if that affects stun resistance) which are lvl 60, hundreds of ws killshots and not a single crab was ever stunned. I know spikes aren't supposed to do a ton of damage but this is a relic aftermath, so asking for good damage on them as well shouldn't be out of the question. Also Geirskogul is a very shitty WS, not as bad as it used to be, but still pretty bad considering it has a 40% Boost and still doesn't compare to multiple WS that aren't the most exclusive WS in the game like relic WS are.

You brought up worst aftermath about a aftermath that used to be very good(on what could have been considered one of the best relics in the game) and I'm sure could have still been made to be useful before the change. Nice it got a change after only a couple years of being "useless" Meanwhile drg's has never once had a single use since it was put in the game and I'm pretty sure I can say has never once saved or helped a drg out for the entire time it's existed.
    (2)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 05-26-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    That you would say I'm whining is hysterical. I don't have, or ever plan on having an Apocalypse. I only brought up a worst aftermath because of all your whinging about shock spikes. Which aren't even bad. They aren't supposed to deal a lot of damage they are supposed to stun mobs that attack you. When I'm fighting something with ice spikes I'm not thinking, man I'm taking like 15 damage every hit, I'm thinking damn I'm going to get paralyzed over and over again.
    Speaking of defensive casted spikes/automatic on some gears, I have always found that between the latter of the only 3/4 elemental protective spikes is that compared to ice spikes, the rest of the spikes seem very weak in comparison namely Blaze spikes seem to be the worst of them all in those categories.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4