Results -9 to 0 of 40

Dev. Posts

Threaded View

Player
    For the umpteenth time, the problem isn't the Wyvern, it's the master.

My Wyvern is about 3x more durable than I am. He has about 2k HP, has permanent -40% DT, has a 33/tick regen and a full cure every 90 seconds and a 2-3k Stoneskin every few minutes, I also have Dawn Mulsums that cost me 500g to Synth and heal about 1kk per use. Seriously? 90% of the time my Wyvern dies is because I die and when the master dies, the pet is dismissed. Wyvern durability is really really fine and doesn't need anything.

What we need is a way to shorten the recast or an emergency call wyvern for those times where your group makes a mistake in the first 5-6min of a fight or battlefield and your group wipes, and thus as a DRG, you are crippled for the next 15 minutes, and you bring the group's DPS down a large amount until that time comes. I'm not saying give us a 10minute Call Wyvern. I'm not saying give us a Deus Ex Draco. I suggested a few times to make Spirit Surge useable without a Wyvern and when doing so, your Wyvern is called and in a powered up state for 60 seconds. Hell even that last part is unnecessary. If I enter an Incursion or something and we all die on the first pull, I'm crippled for 20minutes. I'd gladly sacrifice my SP1 to bring my Wyvern back. Just give us any other option but waiting 20min, even if it's on a 1hour timer and costs us an SP ability. Or maybe put Spirit Surge under Pet Commands and give it a shared timer with a new DRG SP1 called "Rouse Wyvern" aka our old SP2. If you use Rouse Wyvern, it summons your Wyvern. Or if you have a Wyvern out already, Rouse Wyvern becomes unavailable to use, but if you go to pet commands, right at the top would be Spirit Surge. That way we have a dual purpose SP1 with a variable effect depending on the situation. If you need your wyvern alive? Use Rouse Wyvern, if you need a quick burst of DPS? Use Spirit Surge or Fly High.

So much of DRG's DPS depends on the Wyvern and sometimes the Wyvern dying to Doom/Death(the spell 'Death', or TP move that instantly KO's), or the player dying to Doom/Instant KO completely cripples us.

DRG + Wyvern is not the best DPS job in the game. But other DPS jobs, when they die, they recover to full power once weakness wears off ~3-5minutes. DRG's, even after being Raised and unweakened, do not recover to full power for up to 20 minutes. If DRG was by far the best DPS in the game, it would be a fair tradeoff, but the damage DRG's deal with their Wyvern is not in accordance with how horrible the penalty is for a DRG being KO'd in the first few minutes of an encounter and thus being unavailable for the remainder of the raid.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 06-17-2015 at 02:01 PM.