Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    PC FFXI looks the same as PS2 (minus the PS2 doing some effects better, like avatar auras and the orbs on elemental staves being properly transparent) if you set PC FFXI to run at 640x480 resolution, which the PS2 is running at, and don't enable the improved menu icons. Xbox 360 can run at a higher resolution, and use some of the improvements.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by Diraco View Post
    Have you seen what FFXI looks like on the PS2?
    <2012 youtube video>
    That's the maximum quality capture possible with a ps2 (slight compression artifacts added by youtube, watch at 720p). It's so awful, I can't believe it was a success. Graphics like that have no chance at all these days, even on a phone. They had best be targeting at least the xb360's capabilities, which I think is 640x480 background resolution.
    You seem to forget when the game was released..... I wasn't bad back than. It was good its low now yes but not than.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Whatever we might think of PS2~era graphics etc. the thing that strikes me most is what the post-FFXI world would be like. There would be countless online games still available, and no FFXI, even though imho this game is better than all those other online games combined. This situation would be like an Art Gallery that has one single masterpiece work of art by a total legendary genius artist, and thousands of paintings by total amateurs. And they throw the masterpiece painting away, leaving a huge gallery full of worthless crayon drawings.

I just hope they keep the masterpiece up on the wall for as long as possible, so that those of us who know good art when we see it, can enjoy it.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Whatever we might think of PS2~era graphics etc. the thing that strikes me most is what the post-FFXI world would be like. There would be countless online games still available, and no FFXI, even though imho this game is better than all those other online games combined. This situation would be like an Art Gallery that has one single masterpiece work of art by a total legendary genius artist, and thousands of paintings by total amateurs. And they throw the masterpiece painting away, leaving a huge gallery full of worthless crayon drawings.

I just hope they keep the masterpiece up on the wall for as long as possible, so that those of us who know good art when we see it, can enjoy it.
    Yup and I think optimizing the game for PC now would be best at keeping playable and interesting again for others to come back too.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6