Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    At the point you're referring to, I was mostly pondering upon the crazy situation where SqEX had sold XI, or even open-sourced it, in which case the tools you are thinking of would very most definite likely not be available.

Yes, it would seem like a simple thing to do for SqEX; rebuild XI on the tools they already have, and work forward from there. We get back to that it would still cost them money, and it seems they decided XI is worth more on a mobile platform (which is such a sad place to shove it into >.<).

I do hope somewhere there, deep within the company, a spark will ignite, and take over to steer things to a different kind of future. Or maybe that someone incredibly wealthy will buy the game, including the rights to use everything it uses. They might need to buy the whole company though... ^^;
    Why do you keep repeating the same thing? What is about donations do people not understand? If we can raise enough money it wouldn't cost them nothing! That's the only answer I keep hearing money money money.
    (0)

Selling rights to the property would cost them potential future use of the property, and control over it. Doing that with something in the mainline series of one of their most recognizable properties is not good IP management. Donations are not going to return the large amount of money it could be worth in the future keeping control of it. It's not just the immediate costs a company would be concerned with, it's future costs in opportunity.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    Why do you keep repeating the same thing? What is about donations do people not understand? If we can raise enough money it wouldn't cost them nothing! That's the only answer I keep hearing money money money.
    Well, that's what it is all about after all: money. ^^;

I'm sorry if I seem like repeating myself, or if it seemed like I'm actually against you, for that's certainly not true. I may not believe it's possible to achieve what you want, but that doesn't mean I don't wish or/and hope for you (us all) to succeed in it, or in something similar.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Ritsuka, I'm gonna assume you're in your late teens or early 20s (based on your usage of colloquialisms and the simplistic viewpoints), because nothing you are proposing is as simple as you clearly want it to be. You keep saying you're willing to start a GoFundMe or Kickstarter and "Ya all SE has to do let me know if they want to do something," but consider... Why would a major international company seek the help of some schmuck in the United States to do a task they could do themselves in larger, more efficient quantities?

Side comment, why does Dragoy type like he's a Japanese schoolgirl? And do you legitimately think Final Fantasy XIV is supposed to be typed X|V?
    (1)

Teleste, when we told you to come to the forums to promote the re-enactment of the simultaneous subscription model, we meant for you to start a thread. We did not tell you to dump advertisements in every thread you think it even slightly relevant.
    (2)

Player
    I recently came back to this game (albeit, due to the whole playonline mess and the fact that while I owned every expansion up through WotG, I never even made it into Zilart's content, I just went with the simple $10 purchase and started over), and I'm already enjoying it more than FFXIV. Granted, that's partly due to the increased accessibility to someone like me who hasn't the time to play a game that relies entirely on joining parties after level 10-12 like XI used to, but nonetheless, there's something about an open world where you have to watch your step that appeals to me.

So despite being on my third playonline ID, I'm more or less a noob, but I was under the impression that the "now what?" for this game was Project Vana'diel: New content to bring XI's story to a close, the Grand Masters mobile game that's likely going to keep Vana'diel around when/if FFXI is shut down entirely, and the mobile client for FFXI. They're looking at 2016 for the release date on that last one, so it seems like they at least plan to keep the servers up for a little while after that.

Given the mobile client, I doubt they're going to bother sinking time and money into sprucing up the game's graphic engine (which I don't exactly see as necessary anyway, personally).
    (0)

Grandmasters may keep Vanadiel around for a while, but a lot of the people that like the world won't have access without a global release, while it is only announced for Japan right now.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Grandmasters may keep Vanadiel around for a while, but a lot of the people that like the world won't have access without a global release, while it is only announced for Japan right now.
    True, it's not a given, but assuming it doesn't tank and meets their $ quota, there'd at least be a chance of a global release at some point.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Selling rights to the property would cost them potential future use of the property, and control over it. Doing that with something in the mainline series of one of their most recognizable properties is not good IP management. Donations are not going to return the large amount of money it could be worth in the future keeping control of it. It's not just the immediate costs a company would be concerned with, it's future costs in opportunity.
    The monthly fee well pay for server upkeep just like it has been doing.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Isal View Post
    I recently came back to this game (albeit, due to the whole playonline mess and the fact that while I owned every expansion up through WotG, I never even made it into Zilart's content, I just went with the simple $10 purchase and started over), and I'm already enjoying it more than FFXIV. Granted, that's partly due to the increased accessibility to someone like me who hasn't the time to play a game that relies entirely on joining parties after level 10-12 like XI used to, but nonetheless, there's something about an open world where you have to watch your step that appeals to me.

So despite being on my third playonline ID, I'm more or less a noob, but I was under the impression that the "now what?" for this game was Project Vana'diel: New content to bring XI's story to a close, the Grand Masters mobile game that's likely going to keep Vana'diel around when/if FFXI is shut down entirely, and the mobile client for FFXI. They're looking at 2016 for the release date on that last one, so it seems like they at least plan to keep the servers up for a little while after that.

Given the mobile client, I doubt they're going to bother sinking time and money into sprucing up the game's graphic engine (which I don't exactly see as necessary anyway, personally).
    you don't but didnt stop most of the people from b@#@ing about the graphics of the game. Saying "ps2 is holding us back"
    (1)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast