Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

removing heavy metal plates from trials

Hello!
    I have 2 questions, one for the community and one for the devs:
    A: Does anyone know when you abandon a trial (in this case several heavy metal plates are stored in the chest to complete a trial started 2 years ago) do you get your deposited items back?
    B: If no, please devs, could you make it so that we can remove items we have already placed in the chest? I would like to use these heavy metal plates to finish another trial.

Thank you
    (1)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    Hello!
    I have 2 questions, one for the community and one for the devs:
    A: Does anyone know when you abandon a trial (in this case several heavy metal plates are stored in the chest to complete a trial started 2 years ago) do you get your deposited items back?
    B: If no, please devs, could you make it so that we can remove items we have already placed in the chest? I would like to use these heavy metal plates to finish another trial.

Thank you
    A: No
    B: Doubt they will.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I've spoken to several other people who want to do this. The reasons I've been told are ;

They traded hmp to the box years ago, because we didn't have all the storage options we have now, and so back then you had to use 15 MH slots, or trade to the box.

The length of time required to finish 1500hmp via VW farming, means that during that long time you might decide you want to use the plates on a different weapon.

From a Lore perspective, when you trade plates to the box, there is no moogle magic CS, there is no magical smithing taking place on your empy, and your weapon is unchanged. Since the hmp are therefor just sitting in the box and not attached to your weapon, theres no reason to not allow people to open the box and retrieve them.

It takes ages and loads of VW grind to obtain the plates, and you have really earned them, so you should be able to use them on a different trial.
    (5)