Character
    Ryak
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Please give Red Mage the Bubble spell from Final Fantasy XII and a few other spells

Hello, as the title says; please give Red Mage the Bubble spell from Final Fantasy XII.
    It doubles the HP of the person it is cast on.
    Make it so it is at least a 10-30 minute duration and recast time of 20 seconds.

Red Mage has been one of the least wanted jobs in the past, but this spell would help them gain more use in parties and other end game content. I would also like it to be usable with Accession. I remember how SE stated awhile back how they wanted to find a way for people to be as powerful outside of Abyssea as if they were in Abyssea with Atma and Brews.

This would be closer to that without increasing stats which are granted via the new gear from Adoulin and AF type gear. This would give HP that are near it. Also make it so it does not stack with Brew.

Make the scroll learned at either level 90 or from Job Points at 99.

Give RDM Cure V. I would also like to see SCH and PLD be able to use it since WHM now has Cure VI.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryak; 05-01-2015 at 04:37 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Bubble doubling HP would probably be a bit OP, especially with a duration of 10+ min. It would also be very dangerous for healers, considering the recent changes to enmity. Right now, there's not a ton of situations where Max HP is particularly a problem. For the few things that could possibly one-shot, Scherzo and/or Earthen Armor have that covered. I would definitely not be opposed to it granting something like a "Max HP Boost" buff for like a 25% increase, but the base duration would definitely have to be lower; I can't think of many buff spells with a baseline duration of 10+ minutes. Maybe something like a base of 3 minutes, but obviously affected by Composure, AF3+2/RF3 gear, etc.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Kamiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    While I agree that in recent years Red Mage has fallen to the bottom of desirability among support-type jobs, I don't believe Bubble is the solution, and I agree that if such a spell did exist, a doubling of HP and a 10-minute duration would be way out of line. It's worth pointing out that even a more reasonable Bubble would be better than Stoneskin in two respects: targetability, and the ability to use heals to restore lost HP while the duration continues. It's also worth mentioning that this theoretical Bubble spell would undoubtedly step on MNK's Mantra (which, while rarely seen, is AoE) and DRK's Drain II, and we all know the attitudes people cop when a RDM spell and some other job's spell or ability happen to conflict. Personally, I believe that the solution to RDM's current relative woes lies elsewhere.

I'm among many who wish we would get Cure V, particularly given that Cure IV can be obtained via subjob and Cure V's lower enmity than Cure IV would actually help solve a newly-exposed imbalance in the current enmity environment. However, I would gladly settle for Regen III; we'd still be the worst at native Regens, but we'd at least have something to work with healingwise that someone subbing /WHM or /SCH wouldn't. For this to be practical, Regen III would need to be obtained in the upper 90s levelwise, not as some 250-point gift. I would be open to a more creative solution to shoring up our healing side as well. (Honestly, I've long thought level 76 was rather late for us to get Regen II; level 72 would have been better.)

It would also help tremendously if Refresh spells and Phalanx II could target alliance members. I often feel as though my usefulness in alliances is severely curtailed because people put me in the ranger party because they'd rather have a BRD, GEO, or COR mass-buffing the tank and mage parties, and never consider the fact that Flurry can target people outside the party while Refresh II and Phalanx II can't. As a result, my RDM appears even weaker and less useful than it is. It might work best if RDM gained a job trait somewhere in the 50s or 60s that allowed enhancing magic that normally only targets a party member to also allow alliance members to be targeted; that way, people subbing /RDM could not target Refresh I this way, while at the same time RDM could do it with Regen II (and Regen III if you give us that).
    (1)