Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would like to see SAM padded with more Archery. The relic bow is named after a Samurai archer -.-
    http://www.j-higa.net/culture/23archery/archerye.htm
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Yoichinoyumi
    (0)

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Technically Samurai practiced Bojutsu, Buujutsu [Budo], Kenjutsu, Kendo, Kyojutsu, Battojutsu[Thus WS like Tachi: Kasha], Iaijutsu, Naginatajutsu, and Sojutsu. However, having a class with the ability to use every weapon proficiently, and do it well, AND Weapon skill every 5 seconds is a little over powered IMHO. I do, however, agree with the native archery skill. As for not having HTH, would you rather be like PUP and spam Howling fist, or spam Tachi: Gekko/Tachi: Rana/Tachi: Fudo. It's really your choice haha.

And as for historic accuracy: If you want access to all of those abilities why not ask for AoE WS, and Sepukku while your at it? :P
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SAM/RNG was never good, only a play thing against Colibri back in the day, if you want ranged damage use a BLM. The only thing SAM needs in Abyssea is a critical hit WS, perhaps Drakesbane? But giving the ability to 4-hit a 480 would make it extremely powerful (But one can dream).
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Invasion View Post
    SAM/RNG was never good, only a play thing against Colibri back in the day, if you want ranged damage use a BLM. The only thing SAM needs in Abyssea is a critical hit WS, perhaps Drakesbane? But giving the ability to 4-hit a 480 would make it extremely powerful (But one can dream).
    /rng was a good sub before 2handed patch
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    /rng was a good sub before 2handed patch
    I think that has more to do with 2H weapons being behind the curve prior to the patch than anything else.

Mmmyes.
    (0)

Player
    Pointless post to be honest. Could ask why whitemages or bards don't have native high h2h skill or weapon skills.
    Every human can use hand-to-hand combat.... could have a job called florist in the game and argue that they should be able to use h2h skills... They were kids once, and before they fell in love with flowers, I'm sure sometime in the school yard when they were kids they had to put up their fists.....
    (0)

Player
    I do not know when a job like ninja who can get most proc ws for a lot of weapons, tank, and have a set of spell that can also proc stagger i do not think giving sam some native h2h skill would realty mess up the game. Btw my sam only level 75 and still the best GK i have is hagun and i hate that GK sooo much main reason why i do not want to level the sam job to 90. From what i can tell what they need to do is give sam a cirt ws so sam can take advantages of the cirt dmg that make most dd top end.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2