Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Is Ryota Iwagami doing okay? Is he working on Monstrosity still?

I'm wondering about the main Monipulator, Ryota Iwagami. His last post was in Jan. 2014, his last major post was in August 2013, and his Twitter hasn't posted anything since 2013.

In his August post, he talked about the following things:

Adjustments Phase 3
    Expansion of areas

Unlocking of monster species

Addition of Monstrosity-specific content
    The main thing we are planning for this is content that you can play as a party.
    Specifically, content for leveling up, battle content, and content where you can compete as teams.

If you have any content you’d like to see besides the above, we’d love to hear your ideas!

At the current stage the plans are still up in the air, but we are thinking it would be a lot of fun to do things like a team battle or battle royale type of thing where you can have fun while gaining experience points, even if the amount you receive is not that high.

Forming parties as monipulators
    The content you can play as monipulators will be Monstrosity-specific content.
    In regular field areas, hunting down monsters at a fast pace and doing other activities would largely affect players, so we’d like to create content where you can play as a party to your heart’s desire without having to worry about these kind of things.

Skillchains as monipulators
    To go along with being able to party as monipulators, we would also like to make it possible to execute skillchains.
    Is he doing okay? We've missed him.

Additionally, the following content is promised on this official page :

Scheduled Future Features

- Monipulator vs. Monipulator Combat
    - Monstrosity Quests
    - Additional Monster Families
    - Monipulator Cooperative Play
    - Additional Exclusive Content
    - Greater Rewards
    ...and more!
    Is this still coming?
    (12)

Generally, if they go several updates without touching content, that content has been deprecated and abandoned, usually without comment to the players. Look at MMM, Meeble Burrows, Pankration, Evoliths, Trial of the Magians, and Succor to the Sidhe. Monstrosity appears to have been put in that category as it has been a year without adjustments.
    (6)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    I'm wondering about the main Monipulator, Ryota Iwagami. His last post was in Jan. 2014, his last major post was in August 2013, and his Twitter hasn't posted anything since 2013.

In his August post, he talked about the following things:

Is he doing okay? We've missed him.

Additionally, the following content is promised on this official page :

Is this still coming?
    This is why I am so cynical on these forums, lol.

When a company advertises upcoming features, then proceeds to abandon their plans and say nothing about it, such as not letting the paying customer know whats up.

If ppl are asking questions about it, just say the content is dead, we abandoned it, i mean damn.........
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    This is why I am so cynical on these forums, lol.

When a company advertises upcoming features, then proceeds to abandon their plans and say nothing about it, such as not letting the paying customer know whats up.

If ppl are asking questions about it, just say the content is dead, we abandoned it, i mean damn.........

Japanese culture doesn't like to say no, or other such negative answers. It is considered more polite to give a noncommital answer than a negative one.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Genzz
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I've just noticed that Ryota Iwagami is in the credits of FFXIV 2.55, as "Crafting, Gathering and Item planner".
    (1)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So basically, his idea was great, most everybody loved it, somebody "important" probably hated it, stuck him and Monstrosity on the nearest bus out of town, then said "Hey kids, check out this pixel board stuff!" "Hey, look at these cute baby monster models!" "Now remember, I said look at them, not play as them or any other silly thing for silly geese!" "Don't you guys just LOVE all this new pointless stuff?"

Monipulators: NO!!!

"Okay, whatever, what do you guys even want then, more gear thrown at you?"

Monipulators: YOU SAID THAT ONE DAY WE COULD DO COOL SHIT LIKE FORM AN ALLIANCE OF CHIGOES OR BECOME THE GOBLIN TRAINS OF OLDE!! WE WANT THAT SHIT!!

"Umm, okay so, how about this then? We'll give you one final storyline then kill the game, is that cool?"

Monipulators: THAT STORYLINE BETTER INVOLVE US BEING MONSTERS DOING MONSTER THINGS AT SOME POINT!

And now we are here, isn't that neat?
    (1)

Yah, I really liked Monstrosity, its a shame they shelved it out of what i imagine is them thinking people had no interest in it (Hint: You added shit rewards of course it wasn't wildly popular because of that)
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Actually...there were no rewards... shit rewards would be a step up.
    (1)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I really liked Monstrosity too. I feel it could have been really awesome if they would have set up decent rewards and worked out player interaction better.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    there were no rewards...
    Woah there! You can earn some Sparks and Unity Accolades from Monstrosity... slowly.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast