Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vagary Issues

Ok, so they made a mistake. Yet, if you had done just a bit more research yourself, you could have saved you the gil as at least BG-Wiki mentions this on their Empyrian upgrade page and even the update notes mention it.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post545504
    Reforging to item level 119
    The items required for reforging empyrean armor to this level can obtained in Vagary.
    * Players must first receive a designation earned through Vagary in order to reforge Empyrean armor to item level 119.
    (I must admit however that oldWiki is a bit vague regarding this.)

Having certain requirements to progress in gear is quite commonplace, I don't see why that would be an issue.
    By the way, you can do Vagary without having completed a single chapter in Seekers of Adoulin and also get credit for the boss kills.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Ok, so they made a mistake. Yet, if you had done just a bit more research yourself, you could have saved you the gil as at least BG-Wiki mentions this on their Empyrian upgrade page and even the update notes mention it.

Having certain requirements to progress in gear is quite commonplace, I don't see why that would be an issue.
    By the way, you can do Vagary without having completed a single chapter in Seekers of Adoulin and also get credit for the boss kills.
    Oh, hi there. Way to miss the point.
    (0)

Perhaps you should be a bit more clear about it then, English is not my native language so please elaborate.
    Unless your point was to call them out on a mistake, if so, you chose quite a radical way to do so.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-04-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I apologize. Yes, that was the point I was going for.
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Once again:
    I think the important part of that quote is:
    Also, at this point, the entire collection is $10. There's no reason not to have Adoulin at this point. You're going to need every expansion to do Rhapsodies, because it's going to involve zones from every expansion.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post

Not if you don't have Adoulin installed and a way to navigate to Outer RaKaznar.

As for the information, I was trying. I don't do endgame events myself, I'm not geared well enough for them, and my goal is to complete storylines. There's no way I could repay the gil, I've rarely even had 1 million gil. You could resell the items to make it back.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Not if you don't have Adoulin installed and a way to navigate to Outer RaKaznar.
    Uh, not sure if I understand your post correctly but if you don't have Adoulin you simply don't get the ability to upgrade your Empyrian gear to 119, 109 is the highest you can go without defeating the Vagary bosses.
    You can buy the items all you want, but Monisette will simply not accept them until you've defeated the Vagary boss for the item you want to upgrade.
    (0)

You said you could do Vagary without mission progress in Adoulin, but one of the earlier posts complaining about the Empyrean upgrades was that they didn't have Adoulin installed or registered. What I had heard from the Pet Food Beta podcast was about bazaaring the ingredients so you didn't have to do Vagary, but they were apparently not complete in their description. I didn't know a clear was still required.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    You said you could do Vagary without mission progress in Adoulin, but one of the earlier posts complaining about the Empyrean upgrades was that they didn't have Adoulin installed or registered.
    Correct, you don't need any Adoulin mission progress to get kill credit on the Vagary bosses, but as Vagary is Adoulin content taking place in Adoulin zones you DO need Adoulin installed and registered to actually get the wins.
    But as I said before, English, while I do speak and understand it really well, it is not my native language so written sarcasm goes beyond me quite a bit when I can't hear the tone of voice expressing it. So I am not sure if that comment actually had any sarcasm in it.
    Yet, sarcasm or not, my opinion in that matter is that I don't see the problem that as gear progression needs clearance of content in most, if not all MMO games.

What I had heard from the Pet Food Beta podcast was about bazaaring the ingredients so you didn't have to do Vagary, but they were apparently not complete in their description. I didn't know a clear was still required.
    Apparently so, but that's why I try to consult several sources for information before drawing conclusions.
    Even then, I too am still human, so don't take it too personally whe someone points out flaws in your sayings. We all still make mistakes.

That said, Machini, I really hope you didn't really spend that gil, for BGF's sake. I have a feeling they're really feeling bad about it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-05-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's not like someone online said "You need a tattoo to upgrade Empyrean Armor" and he went and got a potato on his ankle, wondering why Monisette wasn't taking the items. If he bought the mats, he can just as easily sell them back. Defiant Sweat is probably worth more now than when you bought it (opposite likely true for the Etched Memories).
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3