Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Dreadful fishing skill, won't it ever improve?

Fishing skill rate is still ridiculously poor. How much longer must aspiring fishers be punished before SE ups their ante and gives us something to improve our fishing skill rates? Fishing in this game is MISERABLE!
    (2)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 04-26-2015 at 05:34 AM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Seriously, NOBODY is going to look at this and say anything?! >.> 15 months to get to 400 fishing IF you spend every single day trying to reach the fishing cap and nobody is saying anything? I can't believe you don't see a problem with this. 1 skill point per day if you're lucky, 400 days of committed fishing and ignoring life in general just to get that 1 whole skill point. There should be alarm bells ringing in everyone's heads with that realisation.
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Fine, I quit. Not in the mood for this kind of nonsense.
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    thare are items that increase fishing skill gain you just need to look fore them
    (1)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    400 fishing skill? it caps at 110. I've also have gotten 0.5 skillup off of a fish. I think your post:
    Fine, I quit. Not in the mood for this kind of nonsense.
    says it all about your attitude. No one else need reply to this thread as your attitude is improper.
    (0)

Character
    Josiahfk
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You should never "ignore life in general" like that, just google "ffxi fishing skillup rate gear" and decide which items are worth pursuing.
    (0)

Character
    Selanda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can understand your frustration...it is not easy at all. I am level 41 and with 4 pcs of fishing gear and a lu shang rod I got .1 skill up after fishing up 47 fish. I search the sites for pointers and tips on where and how...but it is slow and feels frustrating and painful at best.

In short I understand your frustration. The developers seem to like how tough it is and after 11 years there is no chance they are going to make it easier. I would recommend lowering your expectations or find another element in the game to focus on.

As an update I fished for 5 hours and at lvl 41 fishing I tried the boat to mhaura/selbina and then went to quifim. I was fishing up bluetail and calamari...I got no skill ups...

I fished for 4 hours and fished up just shy of the 200 limit so far and I got .1 skill up for the day. I have poured over all the sites and googled it all...seems whacky and broken to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selanda; 06-14-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: update

Character
    Selanda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Update

I have been fishing earnestly since my post. I have caught the limit of 200 fish daily and I have released all monsters and trash...so I have really caught the full 200...I counted them!

I got to lvl 45 today.

My best recommendation is to get the Pelican Rings. Find a high lvl fishing friend to help you fish them up...enter your two best fish on you and one of your mules...so you can wear two of them.

Ultimately if you focus and catch your limit daily you will get about 1.5-2 levels per day. Not awesome ...but okay... At some point you will be miserable again because I hear skillups slow up considerably in the 90's.

If you are on Bismarck and want help send me a tell! There are a couple other rings that can improve your landing the awesome fish as you level. They are part of the quest line in Selbina with The Belly of the Beast.
    (0)

Character
    Selanda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

It is a rollercoaster ride of disappointment.

I made it to 54 but it is slow going and incredibly random....I get mostly "You didn't catch anything" I always release monsters and trash which are another big waste of time...so out of a few thousand casts I eventually get 200 fish limit and maybe 2-4 levels...Big gigantic huge maybe...

It will always chap my hide that the rmt's all lvld fishing way back when ...and I didn't know enough to do the same thing. I really do dislike the whole mini game element of fishing... I could better tolerate it if I felt rewarded more in levels...as it is I will be a slave for quite some time...to fishing.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It doesn't help that fishing skill for years has been distorted by the sheer number of people using fish bots, it could well have made the fishing system look fine in SEs eyes, who's to say. Do remember in the June update that fishing catch rate and skill up rate is being improved.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast