Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Knockback Mechanics

There is an issue regarding the how items such as Repulse mantle and Vocane ring affect knockback when multiple players are hit. It may be be summarized as follows under the given conditions.

If for any reason a player has a resistance to knockback and is in AoE range of another PC who does NOT have that same resistance, they are knocked back the unreduced distance when the a knockback area attack hits the person NOT wearing the anti-knockback gear. Furthermore, knockback will occur on ALL players even if not all are hit with the attack, regardless of gear.

Platform:

Windows

ISP:
    Cox

Type of Internet Connection:
    LAN

Internet Connection Speed:
    130 Mbps

Date & Time:
    April 20, 2015

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.

For me, I have always experienced the issues under the outlined conditions. Others who have reported to me claim that it is intermittent.

Character Name:
    Sephiran

Race:
    Hume M

World:
    Bahamut

Main Job:
    Paladin

Support Job:
    WHM

Area and Coordinates:
    Cirdas Caverns [U], Outer Ra'Kaznaar, Morimar Basalt Fields

Party or Solo:
    Party

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    Ironclad, Dakuwaqa, Tojil, Muyingwa, Matamata

Steps:
    Engage an enemy with radial auto-attacks (like matamatas or ironclads) that inflict knockback or an enemy with special moves that inflict knockback while wearing Repulse mantle or Vocane ring. Have another player who is not wearing those items step into range of the attacks or summon a luopan. The effect may be observed when the knockback attacks occur.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would actually add to this, that I've noticed while dual boxing, is that while fighting the Archaic Chariot I evade Mortal Revolution which shouldn't knock me back but because the whm I dual box got hit, we both get knocked back.
    (1)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I would actually add to this, that I've noticed while dual boxing, is that while fighting the Archaic Chariot I evade Mortal Revolution which shouldn't knock me back but because the whm I dual box got hit, we both get knocked back.
    Indeed. I noted that in the opening statements.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    Indeed. I noted that in the opening statements.
    It was similar but I felt you were referring to wearing knockback reduction gear, whereas in the case I mentioned, knockback gear isn't worn, the attack itself is completely evaded, which if I had been alone in AoE range wouldn't have knocked me back but because the WHM was in range too and got hit, I get knocked back too despite evading.

Very similar situations though and essentially the same thing.
    (1)

Certain “knockback” attacks used by monsters generally will take into account the amount of “Knockback” resistance the character has, and the amount of distance traveled will change based on that. Additionally, if you are able to dodge the attack, you will not be knocked back.

However, if a target is hit by certain area of effect attacks that were implemented before December 2014 with party members or pets present, party members and pets will be affected, which results in the distance traveled being based on the party as a whole.

The monster attacks that are being reported are of the latter, so these reports are working as intended.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team