Character
    Arenegeth
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Fight Command Timer Reduction

In this age of BST Ready move spam, a 10 second recast timer on the Fight command feels very restrictive.

Having the timer halved to 5 seconds would give us BST's much more flexibility in swapping targets.

While am at it, there's not much point in Stay/Heel/Leave sharing a timer anymore.

I hope you look into it.
    (6)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Slash the Fight timer and remove the clunky, generic ability-use animation altogether, I'd say.
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yes, and the delay you have to wait between ready moves is ridiculous. If I have 3 charges and want to do 3 ready moves in succession, I shouldn't have to wait 3-4 seconds to do the next one. This also dramatically reduces the amount of damage we can do when unleash is active. The delay should be reduced, just as the delay was reduced for summoner. One second JA delay between ready moves should be the standard.
    (2)

Player
    Perhaps increase the range as-well;

"Target out of range"
    "Target out of range"
    "Target out of range"

Not a big issue by any means, but I digress..

....anyway, nice idea OP; the wait is pretty "meh"
    (2)

We're looking into lowering the recast timer for the Fight command. We originally placed a longer recast on this command to restrict users from rapidly controlling monsters; however, we're considering adjustments that would lower the timer to match the current content pacing.

With that said, pet commands allow players to create new strategies, so it'll require some time to look into balancing this.
    (6)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    With that said, pet commands allow players to create new strategies, so it'll require some time to look into balancing this.
    is SE under the impression that there are ANY strategies in end-game content players use that incorporate pet jobs? because if so, rest assured, they are mistaken
    (5)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    is SE under the impression that there are ANY strategies in end-game content players use that incorporate pet jobs? because if so, rest assured, they are mistaken
    I don't know any Pups to say one way or another for them, but good Bst and Smn are more than welcome in just about any content I've ran as of late. A well geared pet-centric Bst is something to see in the likes of Vagary.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah but I don't think reducing fight timer would allow players to create new strategies really. Would just help lower the gap between players and pets when fighting fodder and such.

Another good idea would to be removing the fight requirement from other pet commands. Like I think run wild requires the pet to already be attacking and of course ready moves. Smn can start off with bp so why not jugs?
    (2)