Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Johnb
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Tartarus Platemail drop rate

Our LS is 0/51 on Tartarus Platemail drop from Plouton in Vagary. Considering it takes at least 9 people to kill, could you increase the drop rate? Tired of spamming this NM.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I'm sure the question SE will pose is "are you bring a THF?" which I suppose could make a difference but I wouldn't think by a huge amount.
    It won't, a thief has a chance to increase the amount of slots items can drop in, but they won't help you "force" the platemail to fill one.
    It's all random luck.

I do agree that the droprate is pretty abyssmal, but on the other hand this event can be spammed with little to no cost and drops items which will have a market forever (or at least as long as the game will last) so I don't really mind.
    (0)

Character
    Johnb
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    We've used THF a couple of times for TH 10-11 but no drop. We mostly use Bounty Shot to get it to TH 4+ sometimes 8.

You can't really spam body that much if you run out of legs pops. It's not exactly the same as VW. Also, keep in mind that it can take up to 20mins to pop and kill it due to the 6-step skillchain and magic burst damage requirements. Due to this, you need a very specific setup to kill pop and kill it (GEOs for malaise and languor, SAMs for 6-step SC, PLD aegis tank, etc.) Add that with people wanting to leave every run, it makes for a headache.
    (2)
    Last edited by Johnb; 04-20-2015 at 07:22 PM.

That's pretty much the only limit to be fair, sure you have to clear the 3 initial rooms again to get a Pervy pop but considering you take a group of at least 9 that shouldn't take too long and besides that you always get guaranteed AF3 items.
    The real tediousness is having to repeat it, but it's like that with all content.

As for popping Pervy and Plouton, you really do not need the specific setups you're mentioning.
    As long as you have a few people able to get TP fast enough to make the 4 to 6 step skillchains you'll be fine. Truth be told, SAM is just the easy way to do it.
    As for tanks, Rune Fencers work quite well too.

I do agree about the Geomancers though.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    In a PDT-Acc hybrid set, that body has to be best in slot.
    (0)

I'd really advise to just to report him, going by his short history here most of his posts have been toxic like that.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I'd really advise to just to report him, going by his short history here most of his posts have been toxic like that.
    I already did this morning. Y'all should chill out.
    (0)

Player
    HAHA, hilarious. Hope that doesn't get you banned too broski, that'd be sad.
    (0)

Character
    Johnb
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The drop rate was still not increased with the recent update. What does the dev team say about this NM?
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    My ls is 1/160 on this NM for the body. I think we've had exceptionally bad luck though. With that being said the drop rate is pretty low. I'm also interested to know what the droprate is on the new HELM bodies in escha. Seems no one has seen a drop yet.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast