Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Job Points Capping at 20 instead of 30?

Along with what has been mentioned earlier, we are planning to add the final categories for job points in the May version update. Additionally, we’re planning to increase gifts so that they’ll ultimately be increased to 20 by November’s update. As for easing how they are obtained, from the March version update, players can gain bonuses by completing a specific task from Records of Eminence totaling to a number over 50%. We’ll continue to observe the situation and make adjustments as needed.
    I have a couple questions in regards to this.

1. Why cap Job Point categories at 20 when it was originally slated to be capped at 30?

Personally, I think it'd be wiser for the cap to be 30 by the end of November since it would add a great bit of longevity for character growth. Job Gifts don't need to match this type of growth, but I just think it would be nice to have something that you could always technically be working on.

2. Can you please increase the Job Point cap to 20 (or even 15) by the May update instead of "by November"?

Myself and a few others almost always come as certain jobs to most events (Vagary spam!) so these jobs are nearing capped 200/200 JP or have already reached it. I know there are plans to add two final categories in May which will take care of 110 JP but then again we'll soon be in the same boat as now. I feel like an increase in May would just be really welcomed, even if it's only a slight one to like 15, especially because we aren't getting an April update.

In any case, the adjustment to Exp/CP rings has been wonderful to gaining Job Points, as did the huge boost from completing all Reive RoEs, as well as adding a Cor trust that does Corsair's Roll! Thank you for this!! But with all these boosts, I think it'd be best to increase the caps sooner rather than later.

Disclaimer: I know some people despise Job Points for whatever reason, so please don't fill up this thread with redundant negative comments that has already been done with elsewhere. Some people enjoy slow grinds like this, and it's not like this really affects people who don't want to get JP anyways (although it's hard to do so considering pretty much all relevant content now gives JP).
    (2)

Player
    IF they are no longer going to go to 30, then most if not ALL of them need to be adjusted. They were going to be DECENT based on the fact that they would be leveled to 30, not 20. As 10 they're all junk, and at 20 they're just slightly less junk.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'd like to see them go to 30 but man I hope the upgrade cost isn't going to be 30 JP for the last one.
    (0)

Character
    Kalmah
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I would like some confirmation on this as well, I had originally thought they were talking about the gifts gained from using job points and something had been lost in translation.
    After reading the comment again and checking the current gifts of which their are 20-21, It sounds like they will go back on their plan to cap each category at 30
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Update on this?

Please say that job point categories will eventually be capping out at 30 like proposed originally. I think it would be really beneficial to have some kind of long-term character growth system like this; something that players could potentially work on for a long time. If some players don't want to do it or do much of it, then they don't have to, yet it would still be there for players who do.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Why are you so eager for 30 job points per category? There's already a big enough divide of people who like the content and people who don't, SE were finally starting to turn people onto the idea of job points with increased capacity point gains from easily obtained mantles and RoE rewards and then there would suddenly be a huge amount of effort to cap categories again.

Hell look at BLU, 10 job points in blue magic points is incredibly useful, 20 will be pretty much required and 30 would just be ridiculous.
    (1)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm eager for it because I like long-term goals, I really think this game could use something like this to add another aspect of longevity once major updates end, and it bugs me because they originally said they would cap them out at 30. I'll reiterate, if they do decide to cap out Job Point categories at 30, that doesn't mean a player HAS to try to cap out all of their categories at 30 asap, they don't even need to cap out a single category to 30. But it can still be there as a long-term goal, so that you can pretty much always have a way to continue developing your character long after development for FFXI stops.

There really isn't a drawback to casuals or hardcore players for setting to cap to 30, and it seems like a pretty simple design element to implement.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Also some of them gain quite a bit going from 20 to 30. Or some just go from meh to well that's nice
    (3)