Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Toltteon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm having the same issue, used waypoint from Eastern Adoulin to Outer Ra'Kaznar, well that ruined the ls event that I was already invited into.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dabs95; 04-16-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Mizukibuki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Same issue here. I've gotten error 3001 zoning by crystal teleport, book teleport, and running between zones. Attempting to log in again leads to the black screen with "Downloading data...". Tried 10+ attempts from the same computer, occasionally restarting the client with no luck. I can resolve the issue temporarily by logging into my character from another computer, but it's just a matter of time before I get the error again. I haven't seen this mentioned, but I also occasionally get POL-0011 after signing into POL. After hitting the "Retry" button it connects with no issues. Prior to the maintenance on 4/9/15, I had not gotten an error from POL or FFXI in over 2 months.

Date & Time: 10 Apr 2015, morning
    Frequency: Often
    Platform: PC
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number: Asus
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    ISP: AT&T Uverse
    (0)

Character
    Sorne
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

/comfort

/comfort Mizu and you too Dabs and everyone else; Stassis, Angelic, Alagos, Tolt, Smz and Lep... It's official. I am now FFXI deprived and exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. My second character is now lost in the 3001 translation and apparently Tech Supports are trying to convince us it is on our end according to another thread with same issue. I don't know how many need to write in on these threads or how many need to call in to complain but I really do hope it gets through to them that action needs to take place. I still try logging in every once in a while and def every day since hoping I'm at least getting the log in points for the log in campaign and of course in hopes that by some miracle something was done by SE to fix this issue.
    (0)

Character
    Abram
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Have had the same issue for better than a day now, on all 3 of my characters, (two stuck zoning from Western Adoulin to Ra'Kaznar, one zoning from Valkurm Dunes to Konschtat Highlands). Also have the accompanying POL viewer issues described by Mizukibuki. Really discouraging...missed out on two LS events, log in points, and am losing imprimaturs on two characters now.

Not the kind of experience you want players having after announcing that you won't be developing content for the game anymore, SE.
    (0)

Character
    Abram
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Issue resolved for me this morning, on all 3 characters. No contact from anyone in tech support about it, so I'm not sure how...just seems that if I can log in to pol without having any connection issues during the boot up, then the problem is fixed. Grateful, however it was fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Toltteon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm able to get on now but kinda scared to do anything lol
    (0)

Character
    Stasiss
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Just an update on my situation. I've now got two characters stuck in black screens with error 3001...

I contacted SE support on Monday 4/13 and they said there was nothing they could do on their end. The rep mentioned that many people with ATT as their ISP were experiencing the issue but I have Comcast. I attempted several fixes but thus far nothing has worked.

This support (or lack thereof) is infuriating. I'm at a loss for solutions at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Hildibrand
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AsuraStas View Post
    Just an update on my situation. I've now got two characters stuck in black screens with error 3001...

I contacted SE support on Monday 4/13 and they said there was nothing they could do on their end. The rep mentioned that many people with ATT as their ISP were experiencing the issue but I have Comcast. I attempted several fixes but thus far nothing has worked.

This support (or lack thereof) is infuriating. I'm at a loss for solutions at this point.
    In the same boat, comcast has been no help, and after re-learning networking, all I've gotten from this game's purchase is a headache and nostalgia blue-balls.
    (0)

Character
    Abram
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    My ISP is Verizon, so it seems fairly indiscriminant. I've also noticed a weird bug since being able to log back in: my macro books got shuffled between characters, (i.e. my main's macro books all ended up on my alt, my alts macro books all ended on my mule).
    (0)

10. 04-18-2015 05:12 AM

Reason
    Wrong Info

Player
    Ok so we get this post by SE "Login Issue (Apr. 17)

Currently, we are receiving contacts from users in certain environments who have become unable to log in to services connected to their Square Enix Account.

Investigation has revealed that the issue stems from application of the latest Windows Update, which turns off the “Use SSL 3.0” setting under Internet Options in Internet Explorer 11.

We ask that users who are experiencing this issue take the following steps to change their Internet Explorer 11 settings.

[Steps]
    1. Open Internet Explorer 11
    2. Open Internet Options
    3. Select the “Advanced” tab
    4. Check the boxes next to the following and click “Apply”:
    - Use TLS 1.0
    - Use TLS 1.1
    - Use TLS 1.2

[Affected Services]
    - FINAL FANTASY XI Forums
    - Square Enix Account Management System"

That was a completely waste of time on SE part and it did nothing to help. I did a full uninstall for FFXI and I didn't copy and paste my original file. The problem did not go away. I was on the select character screen and once I choose a character to play. I get this long loading time than FFXI Error 3001 again. I cannot play my main character or my mule character that is stuck in Foret de Hennetiel frontier station. I was using a waypoint warp in East Adoulin near npc Lamaron.

I created a 3rd character for San d'Oria just to make sure it wasn't my laptop, internet connection, modem or firewall. The loading Screen did not take long at all. I ran around town just fine as a Taru. =) I also went outside to East Ronfaure and nothing was wrong. My other 2 character in the select screen will load but will get that long loading time and FFXI 3001 error. This whole mess has nothing to do with the player of FFXI. This is the fault of FFXI game alone and it's update in April.

So if anyone else are still experiencing this problem please post and if anyone found a solution please let some of us know full details on how to fix? =)
    (0)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast