Character
    Urgo
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Is post-100 Alchemy irrelevant?

I just came back to the game and I'm an alchemist at 100. I started the process of skilling Alchemy again upon finding out the cap was raised, and then looked at the recipes available and find none that seem to even be worth crafting aside from circular reasoning of skilling for sake of higher skill.

I did notice a number of other crafts are able to make 119 gear (not surprisingly the 119 crafted available to PUP is mage orientated), but the best Alchemy gets seems to be a 117 sword that is ill-used, while the other options look to be either mundane and obsolete hex gear or a neck piece which is at best situational.

Have I missed anything or is this sad state truly meant to be the update to Alchemy?
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think a lot of the crafts are kind of not worth it from a monetary standpoint. I have Alchemy 110 but only because I liked it enough to be cool with basically burning 10s of millions of gil on something with no practical value. I did Saline Broth to level 104, then Dija Swords to 110.
    (0)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    hexed coif -1s sell for a lot.
    (0)