Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Rhapsodies of Vana'diel...

Not much information has been released about these three episodes that are planned to be the final mission content of FFXI. There's a Famitsu article that is being translated, and one of the lines is...

Quote Originally Posted by Famitsu
    About what level will the scenarios implemented in May need?
    Saito: You should be OK if you can beat Shadow Lord, around level 50~60.
    This is dumb. This isn't 2004 where not everyone had a lvl 75. This isn't 2008 where you still had a decent flow of new people. This isn't even 2012 when people even had jobs that low. This is 2015, you've got a dwindling player base, a game that's on it's last leg content wise, and a player base that's worried about it's future. With all that negativity in mind, the first impression you'll show for the three episodes in May is to release lvl 50-60 mission content? I'm stumped in the dumb.

I'm only posting because of another quote from the article...

Quote Originally Posted by Famitsu
    So you'll be looking at player feedback.
    Matsui: Yes. The development team won't necessarily be gone with the native app and Final Fantasy Grandmasters coming out, and we'd like to keep players enjoying FFXI for as long as possible. Now that we've made the new announcements, we're hoping that we can continue to keep Vana'diel as a nostalgic place for players even after version updates end by continuing with normal maintenance.
    If you're actually taking feedback, please, please, please express that releasing content/missions aimed at a level that was relevant a decade ago is not the way to "keep players enjoying FFXI for as long as possible." I'm not saying give us a break neck challenge for the hardcorest of hardcores in the missions, but at least make it interesting by giving it a relevant level. That level ranged either confirms that the first batch of Rhapsodies is literally nothing but CSs in zones of that range, or there's a fight or two within that level range. Both options are ridiculously boring and not something I look forward to in the least. :/ Give FFXI the ending it deserves please.
    (2)
    7/10/14

Player
    If you read the digest, you'd see they talked about this. They are implementing this expansion in phases, starting out with material from the base game, then moving through the expansions in order, and the levels required will be raised accordingly. Calm down and carry on.
    (2)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's as okugi mentioned, however if I recall correctly.
    Each phase of Rhapsodies is intended to progress in which the order of each expansion-story was added as well as their ideal level ranges etc.
    They also mentioned that they wanted people to be able to immediately jump right in to Rhapsodies asap if they are a new or returning player that has yet to aquire Lv80 status and above.

This is atleast what I remember hearing about anyways.
    (0)