Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    There's mobs of every type within VEP range of 75~99. This is why they made it so stuff that aggros 75 still aggros at 99.
    you're missing the point. How do you complete the RoE that requires killing stuff while level synced if everyone is level 99.
    (2)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    you're missing the point. How do you complete the RoE that requires killing stuff while level synced if everyone is level 99.
    It may be a silly suggestion (and I admit I've not tried it) but can you level sync to a level 99 party member and just get the status?

Or am I being daft? :-)

Art.
    (0)

Level Sync only works on targets of level 10-98.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Level Sync only works on targets of level 10-98.
    Ah well, worth a try :-)

Art.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible in the near future to make it so where we can level sync to any level without the need for a low level to be in the party. I had the best of times leveling up my favorite jobs that are already 99, and the trusts are so much more fun and powerful dd's at early levels. Please, look into this. Thank you!
    This would be cool. Especially since there will be no more content - meaning fewer and fewer players... would be nice to be able to stay somewhere you enjoy leveling as long as you want.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Again, I can't comprehend why anyone would want to do it, there's plenty of challenging content at lv99 that can even be made harder without imposing artificial restrictions on oneself.
    Because not everyone is interested in 99 content. Some people come back for the nostalgia of the game (myself included). And with nostalgia comes the hint of challenge. New people deserve to have at least a spark of the excitement we felt with the original content; if they, or their linkshell, don't want to bulldoze through missions then it'd be nice to have an option to cap ourselves.

Eventually people are going to finish collecting all the gear they want from the 99 endgame content. And with the end of development on the horizon, people need a reason to continue playing the game. Nostalgia is a great reason to keep coming back.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

I would very much support a level sync on demand to a preferred level by the party leader, counting trusts as applicable party members to engage sync (They apply to everything else after all)

Maybe to some people this game is about 99 content. And that's true for those who feel that way, but there's a lot of people who want to go back to old content or people doing that for the first time that don't want to facepalm every mob in the zone in 2 seconds or less, and even people who want to stay in vana'diel capped at 75.

I'm one of those people who very enjoy older content, as is my partner. Despite having a lv 99 for like a year on at least one character, and having 99 on my new one for about 6 months, my partner and i only this last sunday went through adoulin collecting KI's for revies (Even though we've had adoulin since january of last year). We still do sky, sea, older missions and battlefields like ANNM's quite often, mostly just use adoulin atm to get merits quickly, though we are looking at doing skirmishes to get better armour to hit high level mobs, but that's mostly a side job.

When I was re-doing promathia missions on cymo, I used under leveled equipment and sync'd with my alt to use trust npc's as much as I could to advance, because on my previous character, we had like, zero trouble doing it all at 99 so much so that we basically wiped promathia so fast we felt incredibly let down. When I re-made my character I set out to do the missions at a better pace and to get more challenge out of it. If we could level sync on demand to specific levels even in mission/quest/etcc battlefields, it would be really amazing and i think would make a lot of people happy. Esp those who keep asking for a lv 75 server. Sure, aby, adoulin content would still be there, but they could more or less do the same thing by just syncing through all of it.

Kills 2 birds with 1 stone, and helps the player base a lot in many ways, old and new.

Sounds like a win win to me.
    (1)

Character
    Linkzell
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 90

Yes! I want to be able to lvl sync myself/

I want to stream FFXI in it's entirety. I want to be able to cap myself as i lvl and stay at a low level for a long time. Give me a food that caps current level. Give me a switch in the menu. Current level or pick a level. I don't mind. Anything. Let me cap myself.
    (2)
    Sneak oils and Prism powders are like condoms...
    ...its better to have them and not need them,
    ...then to need them and get aggro by (Diseased).

I agree. This would be a great feature for nostalgia and for experiencing many parts of the game like they were originally intended.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can see the argument against, though: you could just sync yourself to just the right level to keep getting exp in a specific area and level up there all the way to 99 without having to ever change camps.

But, I mean, let's be real here, the experience grind is not a challenge any more, instead of spending weeks in the level range for, say, a Yuhtunga Jungle exp party, now you can rush past that range in a few hours anyway, so whatever. It doesn't seem like experience points are supposed to be a challenge any more, so why use "then exp won't be a challenge" to justify design decisions.
    (3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2