Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Level Sync Anytime Please

I was wondering if it is possible in the near future to make it so where we can level sync to any level without the need for a low level to be in the party. I had the best of times leveling up my favorite jobs that are already 99, and the trusts are so much more fun and powerful dd's at early levels. Please, look into this. Thank you!
    (8)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    "the systems are too involved so there are no plans."
    Calling it

I really can't comprehend why anyone would want this for a multitude of reasons I won't go into, and thus my stance is there's a lot of things I'd rather them work on instead. HOWEVER, at from a gameplay standpoint, it doesn't really harm anything, so I wouldn't mind if it was a thing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-10-2015 at 04:44 PM.

This has been requested before. The reason people want it is to set their level to the level for the original content, like missions, so that they don't just steamroll through at 99 when doing mission fights, but get to experience the original challenge. Some LSes are experiencing frustration from new players, that if the new players over-level, or ask for help from an LS member with all their jobs at 99 or 1, then the fight is over before any difficulty is experienced, and thus the new player doesn't engage with the game, they are just watching someone else beat the content for them, or are killing the boss in 30 seconds themselves Now that we have Trust, you don't need to over-level to solo the content, you can summon to fill out your party, which may mean you want to be able to sync yourself and your Trusts to a couple levels above what the old cap for the mission was, to actually make the fight challenging to yourself. These hard mode mission battlefields show that people are willing to face a challenge in those battles again, may as well have the initial fight be challenging if you so wish.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    it would also be nice so can complete the RoE "kill stuff while level synced".
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    This has been requested before. The reason people want it is to set their level to the level for the original content, like missions, so that they don't just steamroll through at 99 when doing mission fights, but get to experience the original challenge. Some LSes are experiencing frustration from new players, that if the new players over-level, or ask for help from an LS member with all their jobs at 99 or 1, then the fight is over before any difficulty is experienced, and thus the new player doesn't engage with the game, they are just watching someone else beat the content for them, or are killing the boss in 30 seconds themselves Now that we have Trust, you don't need to over-level to solo the content, you can summon to fill out your party, which may mean you want to be able to sync yourself and your Trusts to a couple levels above what the old cap for the mission was, to actually make the fight challenging to yourself. These hard mode mission battlefields show that people are willing to face a challenge in those battles again, may as well have the initial fight be challenging if you so wish.
    Again, I can't comprehend why anyone would want to do it, there's plenty of challenging content at lv99 that can even be made harder without imposing artificial restrictions on oneself. There's plenty of challenge to be had, I don't think most people want it to be in the things they have to do just to gain access to the rest of the game. I can understand using it to team up with someone else, but then you don't need such a feature because the feature that already exists works just fine. Hence why I'd rather they spend time on other more direly needed things. It's not needed to find a challenge in the game, and it's not needed to help others since if you're helping others, level sync can already do the job.

it would also be nice so can complete the RoE "kill stuff while level synced".
    There's mobs of every type within VEP range of 75~99. This is why they made it so stuff that aggros 75 still aggros at 99.

Maybe i'm just weird but I have no desire for lv25-50 battles to be 'hard' again (if they ever really were), and the high tier mission BCs serve that purpose in a much better and more rewarding way. Old content isn't going to be challenging even at the original level caps because people already know how to do it and that's if it was ever hard in the first place.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-11-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    posted this like twice already, they just dont do anything about it
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    posted this like twice already, they just dont do anything about it
    Oh! Glad others thought the same thing.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Again, I can't comprehend why anyone would want to do it, there's plenty of challenging content at lv99 that can even be made harder without imposing artificial restrictions on oneself. There's plenty of challenge to be had, I don't think most people want it to be in the things they have to do just to gain access to the rest of the game. I can understand using it to team up with someone else, but then you don't need such a feature because the feature that already exists works just fine. Hence why I'd rather they spend time on other more direly needed things. It's not needed to find a challenge in the game, and it's not needed to help others since if you're helping others, level sync can already do the job.

There's mobs of every type within VEP range of 75~99. This is why they made it so stuff that aggros 75 still aggros at 99.

Maybe i'm just weird but I have no desire for lv25-50 battles to be 'hard' again (if they ever really were), and the high tier mission BCs serve that purpose in a much better and more rewarding way. Old content isn't going to be challenging even at the original level caps because people already know how to do it and that's if it was ever hard in the first place.
    There was an LS with new players starting out, that wanted to do the missions, and not just have the rest of the LS steamroll if they came to help. Level Sync doesn't work inside mission battlefields and burning circles, so their help would be a level 99 player that couldn't sync down. That meant they had to solo with Trusts to have the fight not be over ridiculously quickly, or they had to let someone else beat the mission for them The complaint was that the new players were getting bored watching other people play for them, when it wasn't any fun to team up with someone in the LS (because they were overpowered) , or solo everything before endgame, and thus be bored not playing with friends in an MMO. Yes, removal of the CoP level caps made it easier to complete for people that wanted it, but some people still want the challenge and comaraderie of having to deal with those level caps when they have a group available.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    There was an LS with new players starting out, that wanted to do the missions, and not just have the rest of the LS steamroll if they came to help. Level Sync doesn't work inside mission battlefields and burning circles, so their help would be a level 99 player that couldn't sync down. That meant they had to solo with Trusts to have the fight not be over ridiculously quickly, or they had to let someone else beat the mission for them The complaint was that the new players were getting bored watching other people play for them, when it wasn't any fun to team up with someone in the LS (because they were overpowered) , or solo everything before endgame, and thus be bored not playing with friends in an MMO. Yes, removal of the CoP level caps made it easier to complete for people that wanted it, but some people still want the challenge and comaraderie of having to deal with those level caps when they have a group available.
    Sorry to say this but this game is old. New players will never get that original experience. The challenge is gone sorry to say that just let the game be. Sure they could give it as an option but why bother making someone few people want or need they are probably not a lot of new players in this game anyway. The challenge is just 99 level content. They should spend more time on more meaning full content or updates that keep the current older players happy as that is what majority of the players are anyway. IF it sounds like im saying let the game die then yes i am unless square-enix is going to market this game for new players its time to except its old its dead and be glad for all the fun and memories you have. If they would update the game rerelease it for modern system and promote it for new player then I would be more then happy for an option like this for new players.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That old content is specifically made easier as a game gets older so that what new people DO come in are at less of a disadvantage because they don't have to spend as much time clearing old content to unlock everything else in the game. New players technically shouldn't even know the fights were ever harder than that because, well, they weren't here when it was.

This set up allows people who start later to get on the same footing with other players sooner.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast