Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

So new enmity what does it mean?

Most of the enmity changes were pretty straightforward (though exact amounts aren't know the gist is simple enough) but the last line kind of confused me

"Enmity will now decrease based on the gap between player/pet level/item level and monster level.
    * Abilities that generate a fixed amount of enmity, such as healing magic and elemental magic, are exempt from this change"

Like are you referring to accumulated enmity decreasing over time based on lvl difference or more along the +/- enmity stat based on the ability statement after I'd assume like the stat.

If it's decreasing over time is it CE or VE?

If it's like the stat does it add along and go with that cap or is it separate? Since it seems to be mostly about damage enmity which was already based on monster level does that mean there is a correction both for monster level and for level difference now? And since cures also account for level of the target will they also account for level difference between the caster and the target of the cure as well?

Also which way does it go? Like I'd assume it is decreases as the monster level rises above yours but is it that or the other way around? Also does it apply to monsters lower level than us.

Also the last part really confuses me it says abilities that generated fixed amounts of enmity and then lists magic categories full of spells that don't generate fixed amounts which kind of sends mixed messages <.<. So is it just ones that generate fixed amounts of enmity (and is that all sources of fixed including things like coronach?) or does it include all healing and elemental magic?

Also could we get exact values for dmg enmity now and how much it's lowered on Magic burst?
    (4)
    Last edited by dasva; 04-10-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I have no idea but i have never seen Enmity this broken, now it seems that anything you your pet or trust do gets them enmity : :

Example A: PUP/DNC i send pet to attack a bunny while i go kill another bunny, even thou i have not touch my pet's bunny nor any npc has casted anything on it, anything i or trust do makes my pets bunny atk us, like if kara heals me my pet's bunny agros kara even thou its taking dmg from my pet…… wtf. is master/trust and pet hate shared now?

Example B: PUP/DNC i attack a board on kamhir and even thou i just hit for 669, 664 koru cast slow on it and he gets hate……? ive ws the mob and kara seems to have like a 90% constant hate all the time i cant even do VT worms anymore because npc hate is extremely high auto atks or my ws don't really get me any hate anymore what is going on??

Example C: i was SCH/RDM on a vagary run anything i cast got me hate i even died rr only thing i did was cast haste on me and got hate away from dd got kill for simply casting haste ….whatever they did screwed up Enmity really bad before the update i had no issues keeping hate as pup even with pet ws, pet mobs never aggro me and i certainly did not get hate for every spell i casted on a mage job or any simple action i took. accession ? forget about it anything i acce might aswell be using Benediction…..

i think they should either review this or put it back as it was and give pld auto enmity traits to help them maintain hate and give an ability that does the same to the other tanks that way nin are not stuck with enmity when they are just dd's to me its seems that enmity is all over the place and trust are pulling hate for pretty much any action they take, i know pets dont have a lot of enmity but me or my npc pulling hate away from pets mobs when i or they havent performed any action on it seems a little bit too much pet is dealing dmg after all so why what i or trust do to another mob should have any effect on my pets target. SE needs to really take a look at this but my biggest surprise is that no one else seems to be bothered by this…..
    (3)
    Last edited by V-1000; 04-10-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i personally enjoy the change just saying lol
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm unsure. Mostly though I want clarification on what exactly it was so I can math things out and figure out better ways to tank and such. Then decide how good the update is.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It seems to work okayish in real player groups, but with NPCs it's just trash. I can't speak for pet jobs, but for NPCs, they need to fix it.
    (1)

Certainly needs a fix for pet jobs, a mob should not be looking at me after a 9k+ damage blood pact for simply casting refresh on myself.
    Yet it happens...

Sure, the avatar has it back with only one hit but I have to stand absolutely still.
    I can't melee with my avatar, I can't buff myself, nothing.

How are beastmasters coping? I am genuinely curious.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Certainly needs a fix for pet jobs, a mob should not be looking at me after a 9k+ damage blood pact for simply casting refresh on myself.
    Yet it happens...

Sure, the avatar has it back with only one hit but I have to stand absolutely still.
    I can't melee with my avatar, I can't buff myself, nothing.

How are beastmasters coping? I am genuinely curious.
    I experienced that this evening. I was doing Reives, let my Avatar wail a bit... I hit the mob once, and it instantly turned to me. A trust used one ability it got attacked. There shouldn't be this much of a turn so easily. o_O Also, I can't even get Atonement to even break 1000 dmg most of the time when I play on PLD, where before it was doing 5x that amount.
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Idk about bst but both my pup and smn are on the same boat so i can only assume bst is doing just as bad, i am sure in pty's inst too bad but solo is impossible vs nms or mobs that are like VT that normally you kept enough hate to guard your trust they now just get all the hate and die taking you with them :/ i don't understand how that sounds like balance to the dev team. i ws on my war for 8977 Uph koru casted slow and mob turn to koru until i used warcry….. unsure what they were aiming for by doing this but its freaking broken.. i am surprise Za says he like it the way it is now, i can only assume he enjoys tanking the mob no matter if he is on a dd/tank/mage or pet job assuming whm can keep him alive if they don't die from a single cure cast. unsure how anyone would say the like a mob who is out of control in a pty hitting all jobs for merely activating an ability or casting a single spell.

before this update i never had issues keeping hate off npc or having ava/auto tank without me ever getting hate. after you establish hate the mob would only turn if pet out dd you, before update hate was much more controlled i don't understand the logic of SE behind this outrageous change.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Maybe they were trying to bring back red mage tanking? j/k
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth View Post
    Maybe they were trying to bring back red mage tanking? j/k

It's funny you mention this, We had WHM Tanking in Delve the other night >_>;
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast