Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar2kx View Post
    But my other jobs have more issues. My pld is most notable lately with karaha-baruha because I've used it recently (and she only just got cure IV). Not so much an issue with blm type trusts tho, that new sch lady wasn't an issue at all, I've not tried cherukiki though, as she favors regen it might not be too bad.
    I've not tried pup yet either with like tank trusts and such to see how things are reflected.
    Karaha-Baruha's other problem is that he also has Heavy Hitting WS's and will try his best to close Darkness or MB with Lunar Bay/Howling Moon.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Karaha-Baruha's other problem is that he also has Heavy Hitting WS's and will try his best to close Darkness or MB with Lunar Bay/Howling Moon.
    I generally don't have much issue with that, generates a lot of hate and usually gets him attacked, but afterwards the mob is usually just about dead anyway. I kind of like his SC/MBing with it. Only downside is obviously, AoE aggro from it, that can be a problem.

But his regular spells seem to be the worst offenders.

It feels to me like either enmity from dmg was dropped too much (though enmity from atk speed seems intact), or something else was changed with the cap and enmity reduction that's causing these problems.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar2kx View Post
    I generally don't have much issue with that, generates a lot of hate and usually gets him attacked, but afterwards the mob is usually just about dead anyway. I kind of like his SC/MBing with it. Only downside is obviously, AoE aggro from it, that can be a problem.

But his regular spells seem to be the worst offenders.

It feels to me like either enmity from dmg was dropped too much (though enmity from atk speed seems intact), or something else was changed with the cap and enmity reduction that's causing these problems.
    it seems that enmity from damage inflicted was reduced, a problem if your only method of hate control was dealing damage. but enmity reduction from damage you receive was left in place as was enmity generated by a cure. therefore as the "tank" you have less enmity on the mob in the 1st place, if you've taken enough damage to REQUIRE a heal then the enmity on you has been reduced AND the healer is going to cure with full enmity, thus claiming enmity. The answer, at least for now, is obviously main or sub dancer or a mage job that can heal, or play pld and take care of curing yourself-think Trust Curilla. the Trust problem will be that the healer trusts will likely beat you to self-curing, and short of doing without a whm trust I'm not sure what the answer is. Using Koru or Arciella seem to be good, they heal slower and may be casting something else, giving you time to get that self-cure off. and it holds hate almost as well as an animated flourish now. I can tell you this, doing my job on Pld has gotten a lot easier now.
    (0)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If damage itself across the board does less to generate enmity then I don't see how all these strats with THF tanking will still work. I also don't see how trick attack is supposed to stick hate to anyone since it does it through damage.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I don't think it's really an if... it's fairly obvious to see plus it was in the update notes that they adjusted just dmg enmity and noted the exception of not adjusting cure since the 2 have traditional been somewhat tied together
    (0)

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Trick Attack should add some spell like enmity on use then? Or now it is just a damage tool. I get not wanting THF to tank. But then one wonders if not for tanking what other purpose does A+ in evasion serve.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Activating trick attack gives the thf a little bit of enmity but very little. It will still transfer the enmity of the next applicable hit to the tricked player which is nice but it's still the enmity the thf would've gotten from dmg which is much lower now.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Enmity from damage wasn't just lowered it was severely nerfed. Nerfed so hard as to be practically worthless. Enmity reduction from getting smacked was kept the same, enmity from JA's and buffs were kept the same and enmity from cures was kept the same. This is how you can have a melee' that does a 10K WS with about 5K worth of melee damage, the WHM casts a cure and it's all over the WHM. Healers can mitigate this somewhat by utilizing -enmity and tranquil heart, also the melee's can have +enmity in their melee / DT sets to reduce enmity bleed, but most difficult content is going to require a tank. My only beef with this is it's made lower tier content much harder for PUG and folks without top tier gear. Stuff like Delve I and II, which is typically easier content that doesn't require a tank just got a whole lot harder for casual players.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3